Old 05-12-2022, 09:05 PM   #101

City: Muskegon, MI
Vessel Name: Knot Salted
Vessel Model: 1981 Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Well, there are still covid issues in South East Asia
Reading of boats at end of a rally to adventure land being told they can't backpeddle and must continue out of country
Next port in new country is closed, can't come in
Now looking at a major hop to another country

Last thing we want is to leave for Indonesia and then get forced back to Oz after several months so.......tick tick tick

That is not sounding good. I hope you find a safe port. Best of luck.
Knot Salted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:08 PM   #102

City: Muskegon, MI
Vessel Name: Knot Salted
Vessel Model: 1981 Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by O C Diver View Post
And so it begins....

Attachment 127379

Ted

Good Luck and safe travels!
Knot Salted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 05:50 AM   #103
Guru

City: Vermont
Vessel Name: Luna C.
Vessel Model: 1977 Marine Trader 34DC
I was just revisiting this thread, safe travels to all!!

We are still at Half Moon Bay Marina on the Hudson about 35 miles up. Our revised schedule; leaving on May 27th to head to the Champlain Canal and hope to be on Lake Champlain by May 30th. Will be at Chipman Point Marina for the season.

I appreciate all the tips, recommendations and positive comments and messages regarding our trip and the canal knowing that we are new to this. Finally going to have decent weather to get out of our slip this weekend. Every weekend we've been to the boat the wind has been blowing non stop, not conducive to the new guy getting in and out of his slip.
CharlieO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:17 AM   #104
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Slow Hand is currently in Brick, NJ while I'm taking a group diving in the Florida Keys. Should be getting underway next Wednesday, heading up the Hudson to the Erie canal. This will be my summer of locking. 6 done, a dizzying number to go.

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:23 AM   #105
Guru

City: Stratford, CT
Vessel Name: Blue Moon
Vessel Model: Mainship Pilot 355
Charlie, good luck, hope you get going as planned. This has been the worst spring in a while for early boating in New England, hoping for a big change soon.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:45 AM   #106
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Slow Hand is currently in Brick, NJ while I'm taking a group diving in the Florida Keys. Should be getting underway next Wednesday, heading up the Hudson to the Erie canal. This will be my summer of locking. 6 done, a dizzying number to go.

Ted
We're a year behind you this time on the loop.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:37 AM   #107
Guru

City: Rochester, NY
Vessel Name: Hour Glass
Vessel Model: Chris Craft 381 Catalina
Quote:
Originally Posted by backinblue View Post
Charlie, good luck, hope you get going as planned. This has been the worst spring in a while for early boating in New England, hoping for a big change soon.

The weather in our part of the Great Lakes has been equally bad. We've finally had a whole week of nice weather, just in time for rain this weekend... Oh well, at least it keeps the fuel budget happy.
rslifkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:59 AM   #108
Guru

City: Stratford, CT
Vessel Name: Blue Moon
Vessel Model: Mainship Pilot 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by rslifkin View Post
The weather in our part of the Great Lakes has been equally bad. We've finally had a whole week of nice weather, just in time for rain this weekend... Oh well, at least it keeps the fuel budget happy.
Yes, same here. I was in Canada all week and it was operfectly clear and sunny and close to 80. Now home and it's gray and damp and 55. Go figure.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:23 PM   #109
Veteran Member

City: Lincoln
Vessel Name: Still the One
Vessel Model: Hatteras 42 LRC
Well it's amazing when you make plans, I'm sure the Lord had a good chuckle. Since I first posted on this thread I did retire . But being a good ER provider I decided to do a Cardiac stress test for shits and giggles (family history), well now 6 weeks post Quadruple cardiac bypass
My surgeon felt was life saving as I had a "widowmaker " lesion. I'm improving and got clearance to go to the boat. . So I'm late on my May 1 prediction, and have to have a boat buddy because I'm still restricted to amount I can lift, BUT I'm still here, and flying to Oriental on Saturday and hopeful to splash next week and head for MAINE. Very grateful and hoping to meet some of you....Wildbill
Wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 01:57 PM   #110
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill View Post
Well it's amazing when you make plans, I'm sure the Lord had a good chuckle. Since I first posted on this thread I did retire . But being a good ER provider I decided to do a Cardiac stress test for shits and giggles (family history), well now 6 weeks post Quadruple cardiac bypass
My surgeon felt was life saving as I had a "widowmaker " lesion. I'm improving and got clearance to go to the boat. . So I'm late on my May 1 prediction, and have to have a boat buddy because I'm still restricted to amount I can lift, BUT I'm still here, and flying to Oriental on Saturday and hopeful to splash next week and head for MAINE. Very grateful and hoping to meet some of you....Wildbill
Wifey B: Great story for all of us.

We think we're in perfect health, impervious to all potential conditions. We talk about routine and preventive measures on our boats, send out oil samples for testing, but one act of preventive maintenance on your body, one check, may have added years to your life and happiness to you and your family.

For both hubby and myself, being told we're aging, and because I'm over 40 (oh my god I hate those words ) and he's over 50 (he likes admitting his age even less than I do ) we need certain things done, we need certain testing and annual physicals, complete ones.

Just yours is a great reminder. We also push our family and friends to make sure they do the same. Thanks for sharing and reminding us all.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 09:39 PM   #111
Guru

City: Rochester, NY
Vessel Name: Hour Glass
Vessel Model: Chris Craft 381 Catalina
Quote:

Ted

Just glanced at Marinetraffic and happened to notice Slow Hand sitting on my favorite bit of wall in Oswego. At least the weather is finally improving and you shouldn't have much trouble getting a window to cross the lake. We'll be heading slightly in your direction (only as far as a Pultneyville) tomorrow morning, so we'll give a big wave.
rslifkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 05:39 AM   #112
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslifkin View Post
Just glanced at Marinetraffic and happened to notice Slow Hand sitting on my favorite bit of wall in Oswego. At least the weather is finally improving and you shouldn't have much trouble getting a window to cross the lake. We'll be heading slightly in your direction (only as far as a Pultneyville) tomorrow morning, so we'll give a big wave.
Thanks, I appreciate you improving the weather for me! Should be crossing to Kingston tomorrow.

Ted
Old 05-28-2022, 08:21 AM   #113

City: Kingston Ontario
Vessel Name: On The EdJ
Vessel Model: Former 390 owner now Sundancer 380
Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate you improving the weather for me! Should be crossing to Kingston tomorrow.

Ted
Hi Ted Not sure when you are planning to go up the Rideau attached is the disruption schedule at the 4th crossing being built in Kingston, it is just off the old Rideau marina property 1/2 way between the Causeway and Kingston Mills. The causeway is also under construction although Marine Traffic is passing worth calling them prior to arrival. Kingston Marina has Fuel but the pump out is blocked by a 100ft fireboat getting ready to ship to the emirates. and the canal is on spring hours 10-4 Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday & Sunday
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Navigation Channel Hourly 2022-05-30.pdf (57.6 KB, 4 views)
Cartouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:46 AM   #114
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartouche View Post
Hi Ted Not sure when you are planning to go up the Rideau attached is the disruption schedule at the 4th crossing being built in Kingston, it is just off the old Rideau marina property 1/2 way between the Causeway and Kingston Mills. The causeway is also under construction although Marine Traffic is passing worth calling them prior to arrival. Kingston Marina has Fuel but the pump out is blocked by a 100ft fireboat getting ready to ship to the emirates. and the canal is on spring hours 10-4 Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday & Sunday
Thanks for the information and the table. Will be spending the night at the Kingston Marina tomorrow. Sandy said I should be able to get pumped out tomorrow or Monday. Was aware of the 3rd crossing construction, but the chart is very helpful.

As they say in Chance, Maryland, "It's going to be what it belongs to be".

Ted
Old 05-28-2022, 11:31 AM   #115

City: Kingston Ontario
Vessel Name: On The EdJ
Vessel Model: Former 390 owner now Sundancer 380
Quote:
Thanks for the information and the table. Will be spending the night at the Kingston Marina tomorrow. Sandy said I should be able to get pumped out tomorrow or Monday. Was aware of the 3rd crossing construction, but the chart is very helpful.

As they say in Chance, Maryland, "It's going to be what it belongs to be".

Ted
Have a Safe trip across the lake, glad Sandy is going to accommodate pump outs, you cant miss us we are the 1st boat on the south side of C Dock. Probably bump into you when you are here, and if you need anything let me know Cheers
Cartouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 03:34 PM   #116
Guru

Quote:
Have a Safe trip across the lake, glad Sandy is going to accommodate pump outs, you cant miss us we are the 1st boat on the south side of C Dock. Probably bump into you when you are here, and if you need anything let me know Cheers
Thanks!

Winning lottery ticket or a box of hundred dollar bills (small box is fine).

Ted
Old 05-29-2022, 05:36 PM   #117
Guru

Quote:
Well I'm at the Kingston Marina. No joy on the pumpout, but no worries. A trip to Food Basics has me replenished and ready to head out in the morning.

Entering Canada was entertaining, but basically a nothing burger. The people answering the phone (atleast mine) could use a spoonful of "goodwill toward man" , but that's behind me (probably a thankless job).

The trip across was arduous. Winds gusted to 8 knots at times with a following sea that was almost measurable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220529-181938_MarineTraffic.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	129097

Ted
Old 05-29-2022, 05:58 PM   #118
Guru

City: Palm Coast, FL
Vessel Name: Coquina
Vessel Model: Lagoon 380
2022 cruising, So Where are You Going?

I was just in Amherst. Took the ferry tho…
diver dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:40 PM   #119

City: Amery, WI
Vessel Name: Pursuit
Vessel Model: Transpac Eagle 32
Thankless jobs are what you make of them. No reason to not treat people well. Just Sayin’
Somewhere South of Disorder
Eagle Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:12 PM   #120
Guru

City: St Augustine,Fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit View Post
Thankless jobs are what you make of them. No reason to not treat people well. Just Sayin’
? who are you referring to?