2022 cruising, So Where are You Going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Antipodes and crew are currently enjoying Pacific Coast Mexico, warm waters and air! Will be in the Sea of Cortez for the spring prior to bashing back to San Diego.

I am leaving on my retirement cruise the first part of May

Leaving Seward Alaska and ending up in La Paz Baja.

Over 4,000 miles.

Meeting up with my friend Doug as much as possible along the way. :)

Naples to New England

We plan on leaving Naples mid-April, go around the Keys to Marathon and Key Largo and then make a Bahamas crossing. Well stop ion a few places in the Abacos constantly heading north and then make the crossing to Ft. Pierce and continue up the east coast via Canaveral, St. Simons, Hilton Head, Charleston, Southport, Beaufort, NC, going inside via Belhaven and Coinjock and existing the ICW in Norfolk. Then onto Ocean City , Cape May, NY Harbor, Long Island Sound via Port Jeff, Sag Harbor and then on to New Bedford and the Cape Cod Canal and north to Salem, Massachusetts

Looking forward to it. Have broadway tickets to the Music Man on 1 June!

… but what about NP Hull #4916?

We plan on leaving Naples mid-April, go around the Keys to Marathon and Key Largo and then make a Bahamas crossing. Well stop ion a few places in the Abacos constantly heading north and then make the crossing to Ft. Pierce and continue up the east coast via Canaveral, St. Simons, Hilton Head, Charleston, Southport, Beaufort, NC, going inside via Belhaven and Coinjock and existing the ICW in Norfolk. Then onto Ocean City , Cape May, NY Harbor, Long Island Sound via Port Jeff, Sag Harbor and then on to New Bedford and the Cape Cod Canal and north to Salem, Massachusetts

Looking forward to it. Have broadway tickets to the Music Man on 1 June!

Good for you, quite a trip. Pretty confident to already have B'way tix! Where will you stay in NY? I'm in Port Jefferson quite a bit, wave when you go by.

Wifey B: We now have our plans. :rofl: We really were undecided. Oh and these may change often.

Feb 15-Mar 15. Local, which to us includes anywhere between Sarasota and St. Augustine. Have one long weekend to Key West planned and another to Nassau.

Mar 15-April 30. Cruise just far enough up the coast to not freeze to death. Includes Jupiter, Stuart, Daytona, Canaveral, St. Augustine, Jacksonville, Savannah, Charleston and Myrtle Beach. :)

May 1-May 20, break, including local cruising.

May 21-July 6. NC Coast, Norfolk and Hampton, then the Chesapeake Bay for an extended time. Follow that with a little time on the Delaware, Cape May, Atlantic City, and fireworks in NYC. :dance:

July 7-July 31, break, including local cruising

August 1-September 15. New England. Long Island Sound, Newport, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod, Boston and Maine. This will end with a long, but fairly quick run home which may extend it a little more. Current plan is only 2 stops between Maine and Fort Lauderdale. Could be 3. :speed boat:

September 15-October 15, break, including local cruising.

October 15-November 30. Cruise the West Coast of FL. Key West, Naples, Venice, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Apalachicola, Panama City, Destin. Only absolutely set dates are October 21-30 will be in Key West. :devil::devil:

Now, it's been years since our cruises have stuck to our plans, so do not hold me to any of this. We were doing fine with planning until Harvey hit in 2017 and seems like no plans have stuck since then. :rofl:

South then north then south

Heading to the Bahamas the end of March. Bahamas for six weeks or so then north along the coast to the Vineyard then on to Nova Scotia, PEI and possibly Newfoundland. For the summer. Returning south in October returning to Florida around Thanksgiving. Outside transits for the most part with several stops along the way. Fun fun fun.

Heading to the Bahamas the end of March. Bahamas for six weeks or so then north along the coast to the Vineyard then on to Nova Scotia, PEI and possibly Newfoundland. For the summer. Returning south in October returning to Florida around Thanksgiving. Outside transits for the most part with several stops along the way. Fun fun fun.

Wifey B: I like it. Nearly all our transits are outside. As you say, fun fun fun. :dance:

We’re goin’

From Chattanooga west to the Fall Rendezvous in Rogersville, buddy up with fellow loopers and down the TennTom to the gulf. Going to follow the coastline and meet upwith some friends in the Dry Tortugas in February. The rest is a blur right now.

Tennessee River to Bahamas

We are doing a round trip from Guntersville Lake to the southern Bahamas, leaving mid March and back by mid August. Down the Tenn—Tom for a stop in Cape Coral for a week. Down to Key West, up to Key Largo and check in at Bimini. Then several weeks around the southern Bahamas before a return through the Abacos to Stewart, across the Okeechobee back to our Cape Coral house. Another week in Cape Coral. Return the way we came up the Tenn -Tom to home. We have done this trip in our old boat to the Abacoa. Looking forward to parts of the Bahamas we have not seen.

I don't know how to turn them once they are posted, but if someone can tell me how I'll be happy to. The look fine when I view them on my laptop before I post them. Don't know why they rotate 90 degrees sometimes.

I cannot explain the technique, but I can show you
New Picture.png
New Picture2.png
New Picture3.png

We will be coastal cruising between So-Cal and Central Cal, and out to the various Channel Islands looking for spots less travelled.

Attachments

• 2E1B7D20-25A9-4B19-B163-CF7F5CF018DD.jpg
    2E1B7D20-25A9-4B19-B163-CF7F5CF018DD.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 76A3C49F-D5AC-4ACE-94C9-388BC6EB3FE9.jpg
    76A3C49F-D5AC-4ACE-94C9-388BC6EB3FE9.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 20
Have a trip planned to Maine to watch lobster boat races again this summer,and also one or two trips to Cape Cod planned to try to spot some of the great whites that have been frequenting the area for years,and some bluefin tuna fishing trips as well

Planning on doing the Chesapeake Loop that follows Captain John Smiths exploration journey back in 1600. It's about 400 miles, 26 ports, and maybe 1 1/2 months.

Greetings,
Mr. ks. You mean you're actually going to retire???? GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Enjoy.

Thanks! Yes I am done.

I have 23 twelve hour shifts left in a 38 year career.

Taking the boat south, never to shovel snow again. :blush:

2022 Cruising

Now that Janet and I are both retired, will cruise the Maine Coast with reckless abandon (no schedule) in preparation to possibly start a loop in spring of 23. There is a lifetime of things to see in Maine and will spend much time in Penobscot Bay, Blue Hill Bay, Frenchmans Bay and may get to Rogue Island way down east.
Maybe, just maybe we might, if we can get our act together, buddy boat South to the Keys or the Bahamas. We too after way over "Maine wintahs"
All of you traveling to Maine this year, we live and are homeported in Casco Bay, Potts Harbor, the home of the wonderful Dolphin Marina. Please reach out if you are in the area for any assistance or to just to get together for beer and lobster roll. Or Haddock sandwich...it is all delicious here.

See you out there.
Mike Dana
Third Reef
36'Grand Banks Classic
Potts Harbor Maine
207-720-0531

Thanks! Yes I am done.

I have 23 twelve hour shifts left in a 38 year career.

Taking the boat south, never to shovel snow again. :blush:

Kevin, Look forward to your thread of the trip, but mostly to hear what not working is like. We all dream of it, you are about to live it. Best wishes on the adventure.

Timing is everything

Seattle to San Francisco end of may to make my son’s wedding in early June in Sacramento. San Diego after that over the summer. Maybe a run thorough Panama in November and Key West by January. Dreams do come true!

Plan is to leave the Sea of Cortez in early May and bash up the coast to WA as quickly as weather allows. Then on to SE Alaska. We'll return to Seattle in September via West Coast Vancouver Island.

Doing the loop this year beginning from Georgian Bay next July.

2022 has arrived. If you're cruising this year, you probably have your plans already made. It could be a trip to Fort Pierce to the TF rendezvous, a couple of weeks on the St Johns river or the Great Loop. Always fun to hear about where people want to cruise and why.

I'm headed North April 1st. Heading up the Hudson to the Erie canal in May. Then up the Oswego canal across Lake Ontario to Kingston and up the Rideau canal to Ottawa. Back down the Rideau to Lake Ontario west to Trenton and then the Trent Severn canal to Georgian Bay and The North Channel. From there, summer in Lake Superior. Heading home through Lake Huron, St. Clair river, Lake St. Clair, Detroit river, Lake Erie, and the Erie canal to the Hudson River. Then back South crossing the Florida line by mid November. That's the plan anyway.

So where are you going?

Ted

Glad to hear you are heading our way again Ted let me know if I can help when you are in our neck of the woods we are off to Ottawa in June and doing the Trent in July Cheers Cheers.

All of your plans have me frothing to get back on the move again! Sylphide and I are in Savannah at present, and we like it here a lot. We'll stick around here until things warm up some more, then head up to Lake Champlain, methinks. Never been.

That'll all depend on my work schedule, of course. If it's anything like last year, I'll be working from March until February.

I hope to cross paths with some of you good folks along the way :D

Seattle to San Francisco end of may to make my son’s wedding in early June in Sacramento. San Diego after that over the summer. Maybe a run thorough Panama in November and Key West by January. Dreams do come true!

Would be interested in specifics of your vessel.

Our plan is to start our Loop Aug 1 from Lake Ontario.
TSW to North Channel, across Lake Huron, east side of Lake Michigan, south bound river systems, through Florida, ICW, Hudson, canal system to Oswego, then home.
Plans are to take about a year to cross our wake.
Looking forward to the challenge.

Glad to hear you are heading our way again Ted let me know if I can help when you are in our neck of the woods we are off to Ottawa in June and doing the Trent in July Cheers Cheers.

Appreciate the offer! Hopefully crossings and covid tests will be routine by then.

Ted

Plan is to leave the Sea of Cortez in early May and bash up the coast to WA as quickly as weather allows. Then on to SE Alaska. We'll return to Seattle in September via West Coast Vancouver Island.

Lets keep in touch. We are going to cross paths and I would truly enjoy sharing a cold one.

Back
Top Bottom