Old 12-21-2019, 10:44 PM   #1
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in Crisfield, MD
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
2020 Cruising, Where are you going?

2020 is just around the corner. If you're cruising next year, you're probably have your plans already made. It could be a trip to Fort Pierce to the TF rendezvous, a couple of weeks on the St Johns river or the Great Loop. Always fun to hear about where people want to cruise and why.

I'm headed North April 1st. Plan to spend Memorial day on Martha's Vineyard, MA. Heading up the Rideau canal in July. The Richelieu river and Lake Champlain in August. Then back South crossing the Florida line by November 1st. That's the plan anyway.

So where are you going?

Ted

"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:10 PM   #2
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Palm Coast cruise mid January.

Cruise to St Augustine for Valentines dinner on the 14th and then Willie Nelson at the Amphitheater on the 15th.

Planning on heading down the ICW early Apil after our South America vacation.

If supplies are still needed in Abaco we will stop off there first. Then run through Spanish Wells, Eleuthera, Little San Salvador, Cat, south Exuma with an eye on getting to the T&Cs if we have a good weather window. Otherwise we will do a few of the far Bahamas islands we have not yet visited and then Andros, before heading back by the end of June.

Multiple family commitments July through September, then maybe a late summer's trip to Charleston.

menzies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:18 AM   #3
Guru

City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
This will be our second year in a row without taking three weeks off work during the summer for a cruise...we’ll be staying in town again while our daughter works to help pay for her second year in college.

Retiring next fall, so will have more extensive cruising plans for the 2021 thread!

Will probably spend a month or so in late fall 2020 farting around Douglas Channel and Gardner Canal close to home on BC’s north coast after retiring.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #4
Guru

City: Rochester, NY
Vessel Name: Hour Glass
Vessel Model: Chris Craft Catalina 381
No big plans for next year, but we're debating between 2 possible trips: heading out to the Thousand Islands for a week or 2 and checking out the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton or doing the western half of the Erie Canal out to Buffalo and back (we'd probably do an out and back instead of returning through the Welland Canal).

We haven't made the decision yet, but it'll be based on a few things, mostly how much time can we get off work in one shot (and which trip fits that time better) and whether we end up adding a dinghy to the stable (would be nice for the Thousand Islands, particularly if we bring the dog, while it wouldn't matter for the canals).

Anywhere else we go would likely be a long weekend not too far from home. Unfortunately, we've only got so much vacation time and fuel budget at this point in life.
rslifkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
Guru

City: Holladay, UT
Vessel Name: Dream Catcher
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37-065
Starting from Poulsbo WA in mid May, we'll be cruising BC and SE Alaska through September.
"Cruising in a Big Way"
RCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #6
Guru

City: Lakeland
Vessel Name: Wanderlust
Vessel Model: 1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52'
We go out for three day weekends about once a month or so. These are often spontaneously-planned trips. We're currently planning a voyage down to the Keys (from the Tampa area) in April but my daughter is getting married in Michigan in May so that could cause things to shuffle around a little.
MV Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:10 AM   #7
TF Site Team

City: JAX, FL
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
Our plans are to leave JAX and head to the Berry Islands for April and May. At that time of the year the fronts are starting to diminish and the fishing is lighting up. Hopefully Santa will bring the new fishing rod I've been dropping hints about.
Larry M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:00 PM   #8
Guru

City: La Conner Wa.
Vessel Name: Sea Fever
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
Headed to the North Coast of BC for the summer.
Russell Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:11 PM   #9
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Departing 1st part of May heading north to Northern BC. Not sure if we will make it SE Alaska this year.
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #10
Guru

City: Carrabelle, FL
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: '05 Mainship 40T
Quote:
Originally Posted by menzies View Post
Palm Coast cruise mid January.

Cruise to St Augustine for Valentines dinner on the 14th and then Willie Nelson at the Amphitheater on the 15th.

Planning on heading down the ICW early Apil after our South America vacation.

If supplies are still needed in Abaco we will stop off there first. Then run through Spanish Wells, Eleuthera, Little San Salvador, Cat, south Exuma with an eye on getting to the T&Cs if we have a good weather window. Otherwise we will do a few of the far Bahamas islands we have not yet visited and then Andros, before heading back by the end of June.

Multiple family commitments July through September, then maybe a late summer's trip to Charleston.

I look forward to reading about your cruise to the far south islands of the Bahamas. The Raggeds, Cat Island etc. are in our near future.
Dougcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:58 PM   #11
Guru

City: Carrabelle, FL
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: '05 Mainship 40T
Our big trip is to leave for The Bahamas in early July, spend some time volunteering in the Abacos, then on to Spanish Wells, maybe some on Eluthera if we have time then The Berrys, then back to West End GB and home through the St. Lucie Inlet.
Dougcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:08 PM   #12
Veteran Member

City: Hilton Head, SC
Vessel Name: Mimi's Oasis
Vessel Model: North Pacific 49
Will be moving my new boat from Ft. Myers, FL where it will be bought in just 5 more days, to Shelter Cove on Hilton Head Island, SC. The same person who helped me move my Nordhavn EXACTLY ten years ago (his birthday falls on both trips) on a 67 day, 24/7 trip from Dana Point, CA to Bayfield, WI will be with me on this trip which will be quite a bit more relaxed. Only a couple of 24 hour runs. Then my wife and I, with guests, will be enjoying the South Carolina/Georgia area in March. Our plans were to go to the Bahamas, but then we took a very quick three day trip, including flights from and back to Minneapolis, to see Shelter Cove Marina and fell in love with it and the environs. In July I will pre-position the boat to Manhattan where we will be met by friends and head for Nantucket. We love Nantucket. Our plans were to continue to Bar Harbor, but we will put that off for maybe 2021. And then back to Shelter Cove in SC.
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:13 PM   #13
Guru

City: Birch bay wa
Vessel Name: Rogue
Vessel Model: North Pacific 42
Mid May departure, North Coast Of BC again this year.
Rebel112r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:15 PM   #14
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougcole View Post
I look forward to reading about your cruise to the far south islands of the Bahamas. The Raggeds, Cat Island etc. are in our near future.
We did Cat, Long and Little San Salvador (Half Moon Cay) last year. Long was by far the most interesting of the three, especially the amazing caverns.
menzies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:57 PM   #15
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
2020 Cruising, Where are you going?

We are scheduled to go the TF meetup in February if the boat repairs are finisjed, then possibly head to GTC Bahamas in May to see if we can help do anything, bring supplies, etc.

Then in June we are thinking about heading up the east coast to get out of the hurricane zone. Donít really know where to go, but we do know we are tired of hurricanes. Maybe the Chesapeake area? How long does it take to get there from Stuart Fl, and where to dock the boat once there? I know less than zero about that area.
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:04 PM   #16
Guru

City: Maryland
Vessel Model: 42' Sportfish
Our return trip to the Chesapeake will start in March, 2020. No details mapped out yet, but maybe this time we'll focus on places we haven't yet been to along the way.

Then after that, probably the normal "local" destinations we enjoy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Then in June we are thinking about heading up the east coast to get out of the hurricane zone. Donít really know where to go, but we do know we are tired of hurricanes. Maybe the Chesapeake area? How long does it take to get there from Stuart Fl, and where to dock the boat once there? I know less than zero about that area.
I think there was a recent thread about Chesapeake, especially Annapolis, possibilities. Tom and Bess B? Have a look...

But then if that doesn't solve it, maybe start a new thread and probably several folks can offer tidbits of info and opinion.

-Chris
Old 12-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #17
Guru

City: Rochester, NY
Vessel Name: Hour Glass
Vessel Model: Chris Craft Catalina 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
We are scheduled to go the TF meetup in February if the boat repairs are finisjed, then possibly head to GTC Bahamas in May to see if we can help do anything, bring supplies, etc.

How long are you planning to stay up north? And do you want to work your way north until it's time to head back south or head north and sit for a while? In my book, that would help determine how far you want to go.
rslifkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #18
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger42c View Post
Our return trip to the Chesapeake will start in March, 2020. No details mapped out yet, but maybe this time we'll focus on places we haven't yet been to along the way.

Then after that, probably the normal "local" destinations we enjoy...

I think there was a recent thread about Chesapeake, especially Annapolis, possibilities. Tom and Bess B? Have a look...

But then if that doesn't solve it, maybe start a new thread and probably several folks can offer tidbits of info and opinion.

-Chris

I will check out that other thread and then possibly start another one if that doesnít help me.

As far as as time there, I was thinking about staying north until storm season is done then come back down. Kind of like OC Diver does maybe? We donít like the cold however so leaving to come south in October might be too cold for us.
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #19
Guru

City: Las Vegas/West Coast
Vessel Name: Pairadice
Vessel Model: Selene 47
Day 181 so far this year, Continuing to cruise the Sea of Cortez until April/May. Haul the boat for the summer/hurricane season and yard work. Back on the boat in Sept/Oct to prepare for trip down the Mexican coast and maybe thru the Canal early 2021.

Cheers
Crusty Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #20
Guru

City: Bellingham WA
Vessel Name: Hatt Trick
Vessel Model: 45' Hatteras Convertible
Leaving for SE AK late May, returning late September. Operating out of Juneau this year. Will be looking for Dream Catcher, ASD, Salish Nomad and the other usuals up there. We will miss you, Crusty!