Prairie 36 Sliding Doors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rick.

Veteran Member
Hi All,

Does anyone have any info on the sliding salon doors on the 36? Manufacturer, where to get weather stripping, etc? I did speak with Chuck at Waterway Systems who is incredibly helpful and knowledgable, but unfortunately, not the original manufacturer. In my case, the door to frame junction is leaking at the bottom rear corner and water is also getting in between the aluminum panels on the bottom third.

I'd like to rebuild them in the off season, so any info would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rick

Aluminum? My 1980 36 has solid wood doors. I can send you a pic if you want.

Yes, aluminum. Very high quality, but in need of some maintenance. Picture attached.

image-3043752659.jpg

Those look nice, here's what mine came with:
Cygnus%2520as%2520bought%25202013_02_02_6125.JPG

Rick, that door looks like it is from the same company that made them for Atlantic. Aluminum 2000. http://www.pompanette.com/pomp.nsf/Marketing/aluminum2000_catalog
They. Used to be based in Pa. but have been bought out by Pompanette. At one time there customer service was great and they supplied me with a roller kit for my doors.
ALUMINUM 2000 This catalogue page shows gaskets at the bottom of the page. The "contact us" at the top of page points you to people in Charlestown, I hope they kept there good people.

Back
Top Bottom