New Prairie Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you FOG. I actually bought it because of the opinions of those on this board, which I been reading religiously for a year before actually joining.

@ Mearns: I just drilled two holes in my hull. One for a garboard plug. And one on the transom for a larger transducer cable/plug. Both are 7/8" thick. No core. Solid glass.

The deck, house and flybridge all have plywood core in them though.

These are thought little cookies.

Got cha.

Now I am onto another new 'wild experiment'. Had a local fellow add a V to the front of the dingy, now looks like a little speed boat! LoL The hollow addition has a hatch to put things in. I have a 55lb thrust Saltwater electric motor (Maximizer), and thinking of attaching it to the dingy 'permanently' (via its mount + added clamp), and doing so also with the AGM battery (under the back seat, can go on its side), so all have to do is flip the dingy up during travel and recharge its battery at the same time, and when it is released/flipped down into the water, it is ready to go. I get about 10 hr on one charge and the little 'boat/dingy' absolutely flies with it. I flyfish endless extremely shallow flats for tailing fish (redfish, bonefish, permit, etc), so could be the epitome of stealth. The dingy's name will be - 'Stealth'.

Last edited:
The original name of the 29's was "coastal cruiser. the 29 means the 29th of that model manufactured

Don't think so. The 29 refers to the waterline length. (Which is actually 29' 11"). Something about smaller measurements that make insurance and survey statistics fall into 'small boat' category. In this era smaller numbers were desired to show less for insurance, dockage and fees. Times change. Now everyone wants big big big.

Don't think so. The 29 refers to the waterline length. (Which is actually 29' 11"). Something about smaller measurements that make insurance and survey statistics fall into 'small boat' category. In this era smaller numbers were desired to show less for insurance, dockage and fees. Times change. Now everyone wants big big big.

Right,:thumb: Our boat is carried as a 27' WLL. Actually 30+ foot with anchor pulpit and swim step. For sure the local Harbor departments use OAL, tip to tip for rates.:ermm:

Al-Ketchikan

The original specs from the sales material published at the time of manufacture listed the length on deck as 29' and the overall length as 32'4". Yes, thev29 was probably not the hull series. Thanks for the correction.

Yes, you will love it. Congratulations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom