Old 07-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #1

PT40 Mast & Boom Capacity

Does anyone know the lifting capacity for the mast & boom on a 2002 Pacific Trawler 40?

Thank you

Craig
Craig Tomash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #2

City: Marysville
Just joined yesterday but have a question on your post. First, is the boat pictured the one you're talking about? I owned a Pacific Trawler (# 47) mfg in Belingham, WA in Nov 2001. About six months after it was built they added a "compression" post on the corner of the galley counter because of reports of the top deck compressing with heavy loads (whatever that means). I had a 350# dinghy/motor on mine and the builder said that was fine but never did know what the max wt. was.

I suspect that whatever wt. they may say is a "guestimate" and doubt they have done any actual load tests. I see the builder (Roger Drill) at boat shows and will ask him next time I see him or you can if you make the Jan. in-water Seattle Boat show. He works with the Waterline folks selling their trawlers.

Good Luck
Captain T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Guru

City: Edmonds, WA
Vessel Name: WESTERLY
Vessel Model: 1974 Pacific Trawler 37
Craig: The most weight I've seen on a Pacific Trawler boat deck is around 650 lbs, but the tender is serviced by a dedicated and sufficiently rated low profile davit. Most Pacific Trawler owners using the factory mast/boom only seem to use it for fairly light picks. Capt. T had a good idea about running it by Roger.

Capt. T: Welcome onboard Trawler Forum! Hope you have success in finding another Pacific Trawler to own. Regarding Craig's avatar, I believe it is a pic of his old boat, a Willard 30.
Jay N is offline   Reply With Quote