Damaged porthole cleat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hamfam1

I have a roughly 2000 PT 40. On the port side adjacent to the pilot house door there is a through hull that allows lines to be secured on the inside of the hull adjacent to the walkway. The through hull is about 3" by 7" and is oval with lashing horns on the inside part. It looks like it is made out of aluminum. We had a big storm come through up here in AK and the boat was heaving against the lines resulting in that through hole getting folded up and the lashing horn bent about 120 degrees. First of all, I don't even know what to call this part, and more importantly, where might I be able to find a replacement. I have looked at all the usual places with no luck. I appreciate any advice.

Hawse cleat

It’s a hawse cleat, or a cleat hawse pipe.

I have a roughly 2000 PT 40. On the port side adjacent to the pilot house door there is a through hull that allows lines to be secured on the inside of the hull adjacent to the walkway. The through hull is about 3" by 7" and is oval with lashing horns on the inside part. It looks like it is made out of aluminum. We had a big storm come through up here in AK and the boat was heaving against the lines resulting in that through hole getting folded up and the lashing horn bent about 120 degrees. First of all, I don't even know what to call this part, and more importantly, where might I be able to find a replacement. I have looked at all the usual places with no luck. I appreciate any advice.

Pictures please. Of the damaged one and of the one on the other side, that should still be undamaged.
Aluminum?
How was it tied? What tie was stronger than the horns of the Hawse?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom