Zincs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MT Nest

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
M/T Nest
Vessel Make
1984 Monk 36 #31
I had my boat dived this past week and the diver told me that my zincs were in good shape. They've been on there for 6 months. In the past I've always had to have them all replaced. Is there something going on here that I need to be concerned about? Nothing has changed inside or outside the boat. I checked the bonding system and everything appears to be in order. Any ideas?

Have you done anything to change your own electrical setup, moved to to different marina, or had a change in one of your marina neighbors? Are you using the same dive service? Maybe the new diver has a different threshold for when to replace the zincs?

Or based on another thread, did you spend some time in Lake Washinton or Lake Union?

Everything is the same. No new neighbors, same marina, and same diver. The diver was even surprised. The only thing different is the bottom paint. It was applied last spring but I had zincs replaced in September.

It may be that the marina found and/or fixed without knowing it, a line voltage ground leak.

Back
Top Bottom