Winter Project II: Raw Water Plumbing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only comment I have is.

That's one heck of a strainer for a washdown pump.

Was it really needed?

*I see the small strainer's that fit's right on tho the side of the pump all the time.

Could have saved*some money.

Over kill isn't always bad.

Just sayin.

SD

I guess that's a good point, Dave, but TBH, the strainer is only a little over $100, so the expenditure isn't a deal breaker. TBH, I never knew such a thing existed. I just did a quick Defender search and found this: http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|305312|614253&id=1284806 (new tab). That could have really saved me some space that I was fighting for a few weeks ago. Dang. Well, hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.

As for the wiring, I am considering moving it, but it's not much less out of danger anywhere on that board. Moreover, I REALLY need to move on to the next project to get ready for the season. It's fast approaching and I don't want to hinder any possible boating or poolside weekends because the charging system is on the dining room floor. :-D

I was thinking about one of these little buggers.

I have 3 pumps on the boat all washdown all these pumps.

FloJet 4125 Series General Purpose Quad II Diaphragm Pump.

When you click on it. Click on the enlarge tab.

It is a small*strainer that snaps right onto the port on the intake side of the pump

What you did is Awsom. But for someone on a budget or with small spaces this could be an option.

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Monday 27th of February 2012 03:42:53 PM

-- Edited by skipperdude on Monday 27th of February 2012 03:45:20 PM

It is a small strainer that snaps right onto the port on the intake side of the pump

The PURPOSE of any filter is to stop the pump from eating crud.

Tiny works , but may need constant cleaning ,

for filters it is one area where SIZE COUNTS!

A Fresh water pump, tiny might be OK , but to keep a sea water pump running with half a jelly inside , bigger is great.

Back
Top Bottom