Old 05-26-2022, 10:05 PM   #1

City: Westerly
Window blinds

I have a Mainship 34T.
Has anyone changed the 1/2 blinds and how were the old blinds removed.
xchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 05:45 AM   #2
TF Site Team

City: Seneca Lake NY
Vessel Name: Bacchus
Vessel Model: MS 34 HT Trawler
What year 34T and what do you mean by 1/2 blinds?
I have removed the port side slat blinds on my '08 34HT and they were screwed from bottom up into the bottom of the A/C distribution/ window valence.
Getting them out easier than getting them back in as holding blind, aligning screws / holes and driving screws takes many hands. Working overhead like that is tricky.
If intending to repair & replace it might help to add some masking tape & alignment marks before removing.
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

City: madisonville la
Vessel Name: Princess M
Vessel Model: 2006 Mainship 34
I have a MS 34 2006 and have put in too much time attempting to remove the 1/2 in wooden blinds. Question to Bacchus, the screws you mentioned can be accessed with the blinds lowered completely? I have been trying to work at the ends of the blinds and never could get any progress. Thanks KC
keith c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:04 AM   #4
TF Site Team

City: Seneca Lake NY
Vessel Name: Bacchus
Vessel Model: MS 34 HT Trawler
Keith
Going a bit from memory as it's been a few years since I had mine off but on the boat now and refreshing memory.
Lower blinds and tilt them. Look up with flashlight and you should find a few 3-4 visible flat head screws inboard of the blind header.
If I recall correctly the end fittings and a center support typical of that type of blind is attached to a board, wider than the blind, and that inturn is screwed up into the valence above all the windows.
There isn't enough room to open the typical end fittings when up in place and I think is the reason for the extra board.
It helps to have another pair of hand to hold at least one one of the assembly while removing and almost essential to get it back in place.
I was ready to give up on mine but after removing and replacing a couple of parts avail from mfg they raise / lower much easier.
I wish the raise / lower and tilt were at opposite ends to prevent the cords tangling but having them raise w/o jamming helps a lot.
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote