Vetus Dorade Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Old School
Vessel Make
38' Trawler custom built by Hike Metal Products
I have 4 Vetus dorade vents that go to the engine room. The vents are plastic and are getting rather trashy looking. I would like to replace them but the Vetus site has the ones that look to be my size (Yogi 2 but not sure) and are expensive. All I need are the vents, not the locking rings or base. Been looking for something on the net that might fit my base and not a bank breaker. Anyone dealt with this issue? Thanks.
Mike

If you want them to last Nicro Fico , or metal is about the only long term solution.

Riveting up copper ones is a nice EZ winter project.

Browzing thru old posts on a rainy Sunday...** advice may be too late for you, but for others interested in re-habbing dorade vents:*

I used a spray product called Nicro-Cote on the Vetus vents on my old* Catalina sailboat and it made them look brand new.* I just sanded down the surface a little with 220 paper to get a good surface for the paint, and sprayed on 2 coats.

Attachments

• june06 002.jpg
    june06 002.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 89
Nice looking job ARoss. Another possibility is truck bed liner. That stuff sticks to anything, I guess if you want to see it black. I sandblasted my lunch anchor and had Line X spray it. It is holding up great, same as most things will.*Steve

Back
Top Bottom