Old 07-13-2017, 04:49 AM   #161
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
I wanted to do the same on my 30 footer. Wanted to replace the bimini with hard roof. Then I did a cruise during out chilly month of October and I realized how enjoyable it is to be able to retract the bimini and cruise under the sun when the temp is a bit lower than expected. I will keep my bimini as is over the fly bridge but will add a hard top over the aft deck, the best of the two world for me.

L.
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:25 AM   #162

City: Sanctuary Cove, Gold Coast
Vessel Name: Eliza 1
Vessel Model: Halvorsen 42 Pilothouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_tribal View Post
I wanted to do the same on my 30 footer. Wanted to replace the bimini with hard roof. Then I did a cruise during out chilly month of October and I realized how enjoyable it is to be able to retract the bimini and cruise under the sun when the temp is a bit lower than expected. I will keep my bimini as is over the fly bridge but will add a hard top over the aft deck, the best of the two world for me.

L.
That is great, I like the look of your flybridge, and the fibre glass support do interest me ... love to do the same on mine, would I be able to get a detailed photo form the side of the fibreglass bridge? I appreciate what you are saying, but for us, here at the Goldcoast, its 10 months out of 12 .. HOT in the sun :-)
Thanks. Erik
shipshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:36 AM   #163

I am thinking of getting into a defever 44 ... I am selling shipshape .... anyone has some advice re these Defevers ? I am looking at buying one in Hongkong, or Australia, as I want a 240 V equiped one. Because of the value, probably looking at around the 90's. All advice is appreciated. Thanks. Erik
shipshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:23 AM   #164

City: Gold Coast
Vessel Name: ShipShape
Vessel Model: Clipper 30
Shipshape Update

Hi All
Iíve read this thread many times since buying Shipshape late last year. Erik and Bridget poured their heart and soul, and a ton of money into this Clipper 30 and Iím now the beneficiary of their dedication to doing it right, using all the very best equipment. We are trying to carry on their legacy by keeping ShipShape looking as good as it did after the refit. We feel blessed to own such a wonderful boat and plan to enjoy it for years to come.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
C26E744D-86B1-4B21-BCE2-F9E76B226B1B.jpg   7EB80972-D40D-4783-B8B4-C00B2467339E.jpg  
Aussie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:23 PM   #165
Guru

City: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
Vessel Name: Capricorn
Vessel Model: Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
I am doing the same with my 29 foot express cruiser styled boat, new engine, fuel and water tanks, bow thruster, etc., too much to elaborate. For me as I'm sure for him, I am enjoying bringing a boat back to life that is older, in my case 50 to 55 years old and built by a manufacture in Vancouver British Columbia that has disappeared off the radar. In a way, I feel my boat is an homage to boat builders in BC that existed but will never be recognized.

I'm sure after all the work done on your boat, the success of the restoration will be partially measured by its continued luster over the years. In my case, I will be gifting my boat to my son so some of my motivation to rebuilding is to pass on a boat that won't need a massive over haul when he receives it.

I'm sure you know how lucky you are to have a new old boat.
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:12 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
Hi All
Iíve read this thread many times since buying Shipshape late last year. Erik and Bridget poured their heart and soul, and a ton of money into this Clipper 30 and Iím now the beneficiary of their dedication to doing it right, using all the very best equipment. We are trying to carry on their legacy by keeping ShipShape looking as good as it did after the refit. We feel blessed to own such a wonderful boat and plan to enjoy it for years to come.
Mike
I am so glad the new owners are enjoying our years of dedication and hard work, indeed a lovely boat and we hope it will last lots more decades to come. Have fun with the lovely "ship" and keep her in good "shape". Greetings. Erik and Brigitte
Old 07-17-2019, 07:00 PM   #167
Veteran Member

Hi ShipShape. Did you have a Cuddles that you refitted at Horizon Shores with Bruce Forsyth? I saw pictures when I was buying my Cuddles. Iím looking for some information on the Cuddles? Is Bruce at Horizon Shores still? Thanks. Sue
FreeSpiritSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:58 AM   #168

cuddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritSue View Post
Hi ShipShape. Did you have a Cuddles that you refitted at Horizon Shores with Bruce Forsyth? I saw pictures when I was buying my Cuddles. Iím looking for some information on the Cuddles? Is Bruce at Horizon Shores still? Thanks. Sue
Hi Sue,
Bruce is out of business. I helped my friend when he was refitting the cuddles himself, nothing to do with Bruce, Bruce only did some work on my clipper. Can I help you with any questions you have re the Cuddles?

Cheers. Erik
Old 07-18-2019, 07:10 AM   #169
Veteran Member

Hi Erik. Well I bought an ‘as is, where is’ Cuddles at Horizon shores in May this year. I was looking for information & came across your refit. So I ripped out the 40yr old carpet on the walk & roof & painted it. It’s been freezing! Realised I lost all insulation. Your v berth looked a glossy white. Did you line it first? I love the boat but there’s a lean to starboard that’s quite puzzling, lots of leaks from windows & random holes drilled, nuts without washers etc. it’s certainly a long term project. I’m living on it. I just couldn’t find any plans of electrics & pipes. It’s a 30’ with flybridge. Your work definitely inspired me as I kept photos from it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Sue
FreeSpiritSue is offline   Reply With Quote