Smart tiles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donna

Guru
Vessel Name
Southerly
Vessel Make
1986 Marine Trader 36' Sundeck
These are smart tiles. Looks just like glass even up close. Easy to apply with an updated look. All you need is a tape measure and razor blade. They come in 12x12 tiles and the cost is close to traditional tile without the mess, grout and weight. No chance of cracking either.

Attachments

• IMG_3541.jpg
    IMG_3541.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Lowes and there are other colors and patterns to choose from.

Are you doing a boat series for HGTV? Maybe "Flip or Sink"....haha.

Donna, they do look like glass. What are they made of and how difficult is it to get them cut and then to get them stuck to the walls?

Donsan, Ya never know! LOL

BandB, Yes, I did research on them. They are fine in humid conditions. I just had my air conditioner fixed and it had been very hot hand humid. They weathered the hurricane just fine too.

GFC, The are made of vinyl to withstand humidity level changes. They are working out great in my galley, (I have a double sided galley) on both sides as a backsplash. I have also used them to cover a very ugly tile on the bar. Super easy to clean. They cut really easy and are a breeze to install. SUPER sticky. I installed them about 4 weeks ago. It was one of my fun projects to keep me motivated!

You gave me a great idea for my guest bathroom which is on my list of roundtoit tasks.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Looks absolutely great!

Might do the same to my bathroom. Previous owners thought hardboard would be a great material in the bathroom/shower.

Regards,

Thom

Looks good! Way less hassle than grout on a boat! Do you have a "before" pic?

Did you use any sealant along the bottom edges/seams to prevent water intrusion at the backsplash, or do you feel it fits up tight enough that it is not a big deal?

Very smart! Looks great. :thumb:

Looks good! Way less hassle than grout on a boat! Do you have a "before" pic?

Did you use any sealant along the bottom edges/seams to prevent water intrusion at the backsplash, or do you feel it fits up tight enough that it is not a big deal?

I don't have a before pic. I did think about that after though, LOL!
No sealant needed. Water cleans up just fine. If you happen to get some kind of stain, just use alcohol to get it off. My coffee maker decided to go nuts and splash all over them. Water cleaned them up nicely but there were a few spots I didn't see till the next day. That cleaned up with water too. I used them on the bar also to cover ugly tile and that is where I found alcohol to be of use getting up a stain.

Fun project!

Looks good! Getting ideas for our little rental house...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom