Settee Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAD53

Hello all, I am looking to replace a settee table for a 1983 Monk 36 that I just bought where the previous owner had removed the table. I have had trouble finding a standard table where the end leaves fold up and over the center section of the table. I think the approximate dimensions for the open table top are 16 to 18 inches wide, with an overall length around 42 inches +/- with leaves folded out.

If there are any Monk 36 owners willing to provide the dimensions for the settee table on their Monk 36 so I can build one, that would be great. Or, if anyone has a table they wish to sell, that could work.

Advance thanks for any help on this.

Robin :)

I have a 2003 Monk 36 I don't know if the tables are the same for the 2003 and the 1983 if you like I can send you the measurements of mine. are you planning on building a fixed version or with one that folds up like the original. You can private message your email address to my profile page inbox.
Steve W

I have a 2003 Monk 36 I don't know if the tables are the same for the 2003 and the 1983 if you like I can send you the measurements of mine. are you planning on building a fixed version or with one that folds up like the original. You can private message your email address to my profile page inbox.
Steve W

Hi Steve, thanks for the response.From what I have seen of the newer models versus older, the table appears to be pretty much the same. Yes I am looking for the dimensions for the table where the ends fold up and over the top and has the leaf support fiddles etc... so I can build one.

If you can provide the dimensions, that would be great.

Much appreciated.

Robin

sounds like the same table as in my C&L 44. three sections, 14x24, 28x24, 14x24. I have considered rebuilding mine to 28 wide, as that would give more surface for a bigger dining crowd and still fit the space. Haven't done it yet as other projects get priority. Mine was designed to drop to settee height for sleeping, a feature I haven't used. because of that, the table doesn't overhang the seat cushions at all. You may wish to build yours with the drop down feature in mind, or have it overhang the cushions for better dining comfort.

The table on my boat is 51-3/4" inch wide and 21" deep. When folded it is 26" wide and 21" deep. The fold up leaves are 21"x 12-3/4"
It is made of 1" ply with formica on both sides and a band of 1-1/2" wide teak all round each piece. The upright base tubings are 15-1/2" apart center to center and height adjustable.
Below is a pic. of it folded I can send a pic unfolded next week.
Robin if you send your email to my profile page I will send you a couple of scketches and more pics next week.

Attachments

• DSC04579.jpg
    DSC04579.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC04580.jpg
    DSC04580.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC04582.jpg
    DSC04582.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 129
Steve your woodwork looks GORGEOUS!

If you're interested, I 'know' a guy from IBoatNW who makes tables and has done some beautiful work. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you with his information so you can contact him.

The table on my boat is 51-3/4" inch wide and 21" deep. When folded it is 26" wide and 21" deep. The fold up leaves are 21"x 12-3/4"
It is made of 1" ply with formica on both sides and a band of 1-1/2" wide teak all round each piece. The upright base tubings are 15-1/2" apart center to center and height adjustable.
Below is a pic. of it folded I can send a pic unfolded next week.
Robin if you send your email to my profile page I will send you a couple of scketches and more pics next week.

Thanks alot Steve. Thats a big help. With that I can get moving forward.

Robin

If you're interested, I 'know' a guy from IBoatNW who makes tables and has done some beautiful work. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you with his information so you can contact him.

Yes, thanks. Pass the info along. I might get lazy!

Robin

Yes, thanks. Pass the info along. I might get lazy!

Robin

Robin
GFC contacted me as we both have SeaRays and are on IBoatNW and the ClubSeaRay forums. I started a company back in January called Viking Bay. I make custom stainless steel engine vents and wood cockpit and grilling side tables.
Once you figure out your dimentions and if you're infected with the lazy you spoke of let me know. I'd be happy to see what we can do. I'm in Marysville so we're close buy to colaborate.
You can have a look here at some of the things I do.
I love talking boats too, so this place is great.
Products & Services - Marine Accessories - Viking Bay Enterprises

Back
Top Bottom