Replaced old fridge with new but it doesnt fit in the exact hole.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
M/V Intrigue
Vessel Make
1985 Tung Hwa Senator
So to take up the space I decided to make a close out panel. Decided to add in some switches and a USB charger to make it functional. I have space to add things but I cant think of anything currently to add. I think it came out good and matches the level of fanciness of the boat. Which is not very fancy :lol:
BTW the Isotherm Cruise Elegance 130 that went in is about 4 inches shorter than the old Norcold it replaced. But there is a TON more room since its deeper and better design regarding the space taken by the refrigeration unit. Very happy with it. The panel was made from black Starboard. I had originally added silver to match the fridge. But it didnt look right...surprisingly. I have found many times when adding trim or close out panels on dashes or other things you rarely go wrong using black.

Here is a short vid with a work shop tour. What a mess :lol:

https://youtu.be/pT8CzV7wQaQ

Attachments

• 20200928_201526.jpg
    20200928_201526.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20201021_183324.jpg
    20201021_183324.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 37
My new refer was 5 inches shorter than the old one, but also bigger inside. I raised it to the top of the opening and added a textured black PVC piece with a cooling fan. The little hole on the bottom is for a propane detector.

Attachments

• refer.jpg
    refer.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 23
  • refer2.jpg
    refer2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 22
porman...looks great. And a great place for that detector. I was just going to raise mine like you did but but some kind of screen on the bottom. But I began to realize I really needed some switches near the back door to control the most used lights and other things instead of going to the main switch panel every time. I have to look at the main switch panel to closely to see anything...lol. My eyebulbs are not what they used to be.

Anyways..clever double use of the close out.

Looks nice. What model norcold did you remove?

Looks nice. What model norcold did you remove?

I will have to check. It actually still worked just fine. And it was OLD. The issue was the metal frame was so corroded that it was misshapen and would not alow it to seal. Also the door sagged.. I was going to repair it all but decided to just go new. Glad I did because I'm happy with the outcome. Slightly more modern looking, especially with the panel.

Back
Top Bottom