Repairing Formica/Laminate Helm Station Mount Holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me add to my post #25 above: You might find a heavy duty shelf liner that would work. Look at kitchen stores or home centers.

Hi all, I'm going to have to catch up with my responses. I'll get back to all of you shortly. With regards to the welcomes,,, thank you. I posted in the "welcome mat". Happy to get this kind of response to one of my questions. Great forum!

I used this on a previous boat to patch holes in the panel and other areas with a "swiss cheese" appearance. Septone - Marine - Body Filler - Gelcoat Repair Filler 400g.
Has to be something similar in USA. I found it helps a lot if you can put masking tape at the back of the hole to be filled. The putty can be final sanded smooth with wet n dry fine sandpaper and polished to be as undetectable as possible.

Thought I'd update. For now I decided to take the easy way out since it turns out I have more pressing maintenance that demands my attention. I went to bed bath and beyond and bought an organizing tray with rubber feet and laid it on the counter over the holes. That gives me a place to put keys or things like a 12 V cell phone charger. I'll get back to this when it moves up on my list. Thanks for all of your advice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom