Rejex vs Permanon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
About decided to use one of these after we have the gelcoat buffed. I’ve searched the archives and online but see no head-to-head comparisons—and not much from general boat users. For those using them, what do you like and not like about them? And if anyone’s tried both, I’d love to hear about it.

I just bought some Rejex. Haven’t tried it yet.

Very timely post since I just finished using Rejex on our hull today. I have been using Rejex for years on boats and cars with good results. The gel coat on our Mainship is getting tired after 40 years and I don’t want to use any abrasive cleaner/wax for protection. Rejex provides a slick finish with lasting a lasting coating. Application requires a clean surface as any other wax,goes on easily ,drys to a haze in about 20 minutes and is easy to remove without buffing. Rejex touts “nothing sticks but the shine” the finish is slick,slippery…they got it right!

Attachments

• EF79EF1D-272B-400E-A15C-B587ED45AB14.jpg
    EF79EF1D-272B-400E-A15C-B587ED45AB14.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 41
I get some diesel soot on the sides since the exhaust is routed out the side of our new boat. I wanted something that makes it easier to clean the soot off. Sounds like maybe this is the right product.

Thanks Dave. I forgot to mention the ease of removing minor diesel soot around engine and generator exhaust after Rejex application. I apply 2 coats on transom for help in preserving the hand painted name on the transom that is washed to more remove chum remnants. It’s easy to apply so any hard use areas are easily coated again. Give it a go,it works well.

Very timely post since I just finished using Rejex on our hull today. I have been using Rejex for years on boats and cars with good results. The gel coat on our Mainship is getting tired after 40 years and I don’t want to use any abrasive cleaner/wax for protection. Rejex provides a slick finish with lasting a lasting coating. Application requires a clean surface as any other wax,goes on easily ,drys to a haze in about 20 minutes and is easy to remove without buffing. Rejex touts “nothing sticks but the shine” the finish is slick,slippery…they got it right!

Looks really nice! How many bottles did it take for your boat? And did you do the entire boat or the hull only?

Thanks!

Only the hull was done while on the hard. The cabin sides and bridge will be done when in the slip at home. I used approx 2 1/2 bottles on the hull.

What the hey Kimmel?!!? Why didn't you tell me about this stuff? Are you taking pleasure watching my posts of me busting my butt trying to get our boat to shine half as good as yours with an old fashion buffer & polish? :rofl:

Good one Shawn! Your doing very well with buffing & polish! This stuff isn't good at removing stains but sure is great at preventing them.

Only the hull was done while on the hard. The cabin sides and bridge will be done when in the slip at home. I used approx 2 1/2 bottles on the hull.

Thanks again, David.

I love rejex I have been using it on boats trucks RV's 1923 model t my model A's. I love it so much I became a distributor

I get some diesel soot on the sides since the exhaust is routed out the side of our new boat. I wanted something that makes it easier to clean the soot off. Sounds like maybe this is the right product.

Did you end up trying Rejex on your boat? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Any follow up reports on how well Permanob or Rejex works?

Our summer projects turned out to be refinishing teak. We’ll have the boat compounded next summer and I plan to try Rejex on it then.

Our summer projects turned out to be refinishing teak. We’ll have the boat compounded next summer and I plan to try Rejex on it then.

Thanks for the reply.

Seems like most folks in the post are using Rejex. Why the Rejex instead of Permanon. Will be using one or the other, and would like to get an idea why folks are choosing one versus the other.

Thanks for the reply.

Seems like most folks in the post are using Rejex. Why the Rejex instead of Permanon. Will be using one or the other, and would like to get an idea why folks are choosing one versus the other.

i use the rejex only cause it works well with the awlgrip paint. i'm not sure if permanon is recommended for awlgrip or not.
recently a detailer friend said to try this ceramic coating:https://www.xpel.com/ceramic-coating-fusion-plus
it looks like a fair amount of prep work before application, but he says it's pretty awesome. the website implies that you need an installer for it, but i hear you can diy it.

Thought I would refresh this post to see if anyone has updates on using Permanon or Rejex. Would be good to hear about prep, how long either lasts, etc.

I used Rejex last August on our hull and water silll beads and looks good,not as shiny as in the posted photo but good. The ease of application and removal plus
lasting results gets my vote....give it try.

David, Did you do the work yourself? If so, was it difficult to put on?

My boat will be new and unwaxed gel coat. Any downsides to it? Will you do it again when the time comes?

Had two coats of Rejex applied to the hull and I’ve put one coat (so far) above the gunwale—all this in March. Too soon to tell how long it will last, but it looks terrific. The ease of application and lack of buffing are also big attractions.

We put 2 coats of Rejex where we get a lot of soot from the exhaust. Just launched last week so too soon to tell. It was super easy to apply.

David, Did you do the work yourself? If so, was it difficult to put on?

My boat will be new and unwaxed gel coat. Any downsides to it? Will you do it again when the time comes?

Rejex is easy to apply and remove with a freshly washed surface.Clean Unwaxed gel coat seems to me to be the best surface for applying Rejex multiple coats for max protection. No downside for me, been using it for years.Try it

Rejex is easy to apply and remove with a freshly washed surface.Clean Unwaxed gel coat seems to me to be the best surface for applying Rejex multiple coats for max protection. No downside for me, been using it for years.Try it

David, how often do you re-coat?

David, how often do you re-coat?

Usually 9-16 months depending on haul out times. I do the house top every year at my leisure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom