Re-bedding windows - Bristol 42

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dashash

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Bristol 42
Hi folks. I'm re-bedding some windows on my Bristol 42 (they're leaking). I got part way in to removing the first window and hit a roadblock. I just cannot figure out how these things are built into the boat. Removing the interior frame was easy - just drilled out the bungs and removed a bunch of screws. After the interior frame was removed, I noticed a bunch of smaller screws. I removed all those thinking they were what was holding on the outer frame (and glass). Not actually sure what they were securing. But I can't seem to figure out how to remove the outer frame. I'm wondering if it'll just take a heat gun and putty knife to pry it off...?

Has anybody seen this type of window before (hopefully the pics attach..)? Any advice on how to remove the glass and outer frame?

Thanks!

kgvSgbj

LxjNdL8

9szFq5Y

4N9996s

5c8jYt1

Welcome aboard. The photos didn’t load correctly, no idea why.

I got an email that you had reposted the photos but I don’t even see your post, much less the photos. Don’t know what happened.

I approved your links, hopefully people can reach them now. For newbies with only a few posts the anti-spam smarts don't allow uploading pics or embedding links. Once you have more posts those problems will go away.

The links worked. I don’t see any obvious way that they are attached. Are there any bungs on the outside? If not they maybe glued on with the sealant and only screwed from the inside, not sure.

No bungs on the outside. I believe you are right. I'm going to pick up a heat gun and a few putty knifes and attack it from the outside today. Thank you for taking a look at the photos!

My prayers are that the exterior trim is not attached with 5200 :angel::angel:

No bungs on the outside. I believe you are right. I'm going to pick up a heat gun and a few putty knifes and attack it from the outside today. Thank you for taking a look at the photos!

Don't burn the exterior gelcoat. I would be breaking out the plunge saw blades for my Milwaukee multi-tool and after triple taping around the window to protect the exterior surrounding surfaces, cut the thing free.

Don't burn the exterior gelcoat. I would be breaking out the plunge saw blades for my Milwaukee multi-tool and after triple taping around the window to protect the exterior surrounding surfaces, cut the thing free.

That would work too. Be careful with the heat gun and don’t use any more heat than necessary. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom