Princess Electric range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Manhattan Project
Vessel Make
1979 43 Hatteras DC
We are looking for a front right burner for our 1979 Princess stove /oven .Any suggestions on where to find this?We are new to this forum so trying to figure out how to use it .Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone with similar model will be able to help. I'll move your thread to the most likely section of the forum for best exposure. :flowers:

Before you buy a new one, are you sure that one has failed?

These ranges have three elements. The front two are normal while the back one is only a "warmer." It's not unusual for someone to remove all three for cleaning, and forget which one goes in the back. The symptom is one of the front elements never gets hot, but does get warm.

I believe the front two are standard elements, although these days they're not so common any more. Bring it to the oldest appliance parts counter in your area and talk to the oldest guy there. They'll know what you want. The front burners are 1100W and the back one is 550W.

You can also look here:
https://www.suremarineservice.com/Galley/Seaward-Replacement-Parts-Models-3142-3342/

eBay has been a great source for finding parts for older appliances,etc. We recently found burners for a Magic Chef electric stove/oven at a reasonable cost. The items may not appear in the first search, keep trying.

The Force 10, all 3 burner have the same rating. The Princess's had a lower amp rating for the back burner. Sure am glad I have an amp meter in the galley. Gives me guidance on how to adjust the stove burners and oven without tripping the 30amp breaker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom