Photos of Bottom Parts and Status

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maggiecat1003

Veteran Member
Attached are photos I have taken of the status of the bottom on our 1982 Sea Ray. Overall I am happy with the status of the bottom paint. I plan to rough sand overall focus on places that need touch up and give the whole bottom a good coat.

For the rudders, prop shaft struts I want to get to bare metal and than will use a zinc based spray paint to coat. Thanks to all for earlier advice on metal antifouling. Does anyone know prep needed for the metal on these parts prior to the zinc antifouling paint?

For the strainers there are three of the big box rectangular ones. One on the starboard side two on the port side. I am guessing one for each engine and the third for the AC cooling system or the generator. There is also a small intake on the starboard side which I believe is either for the generator or the AC. Last season (our first season) all intakes were scraped and drilled out to remove any buildup. The strainers cannot be removed from outside the boat or I would. I want to get these to bare metal. How to clean? What to coat with?

Transducers, on small round port and starboard, oblong one starboard. Again same questions. How to clean? What to coat with? Any special prep?

Trim tabs again same questions?

Props going to Hale Propeller for conditioning and confirming to engine specs if pitch change is needed.

Any reference to prior links and advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Brass transducer_.pdf
    508.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Intake for something.pdf
    312.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Intakes, transducer.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • Status of bottom.pdf
    599.5 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Back