Paragon Transmission

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TFR

GB-8135 P21 ML7780L

While checking the oil level on the Paragon Marine Transmission the dipstick separated from the handle and fell to the bottom of the transmission. Is there a way to retrieve the dipstick? I tried a telescoping pencil magnet and a flexible claw tool through the dipstick tube with no luck.

Thank you.
Tom Regan

Welcome to the forum.. Because you have a specific request for help, I've moved the thread to an area where it will get more exposure.

However, FWIW, my boat had a Paragon tranny, and the dipstick appeared quite robust, so am surprised yours parted company. I doubt there is any way to retrieve it other than possibly by draining the box and accessing it through the drain hole.

Even that will be tricky, but others might be able to corroborate my first reaction, which is that it may well be best to just leave it there, and get another dipstick if possible. I suspect it would just lie on the bottom of the gearbox out of harms way, but I may be wrong, so let's see what others think.

Have you tried to run it?
That will be the acid test, if it’s laying on the bottom, it may never be a problem, but if it’s rubbing against anything, it will be!
Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom