New Mainship 400 Owner Silly Questions -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
Hello,.

We just bought a 2006 Mainship 400 and brought her home to Savannah from Punta Gorda Florida. It took us 11 days to travel across the Okeechobee waterway and then up the East coat of Florida but all went well. We stayed and a few marinas, used mooring balls and anchored mostly.

Had 2 days of offshore trips (St Augustine to St. Simons Island and then St. Simons to Savannah.) Ran about 8.5 knots at 2000 RPM..

Now that I have her safe in a local marina slip I have a few questions.

1. What seacocks do you guys close when not at the boat ..if any.

2. Do you leave your AC on and in Humidity mode and if so, do you keep both AC packs in that mode or just one?

3. Do you leave a light on on the inside?

4. If the two engine gauges do not necessarily agree, for engine temp mainly...which one would you consider correct?...meaning I noticed the engine temp went up to about 175 today shortly after going offshore, not sure why, I watched it pretty close there for a while but when i went below for a snack i noticed the lower helm gauge was were it has been normally,.. at about 160F...(Single Yanmar 6LY2AN-STPC)

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

An IR thermometer with a laser pointer would be a good thing to have. Point it at the temp sender and see what it has to say compared to the gauges. Useful for all the other temps too (oil, exhaust, water, etc).

If we're going to be gone for more than a few days I'll put the AC into dehumidify mode, otherwise I set it to regular mode, but at 80F. I have four zones and find if I keep the salon units at 80F the staterooms won't climb much higher without their units running, assuming the stateroom doors are left open.

I don't typically leave any lights lit. I do have a Blink XT camera setup. Three cams, linked to the marina WiFi (at the moment). They're simple to set up and their batteries last upwards of 2 years. Careful pointing of them to avoid stray dock motion is the key to avoiding false triggering. If you've got marina wifi it might be worth considering a simple camera setup like this.

And congrats on the trip!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom