Old 07-12-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
Guru

City: Savannah, Ga.
Vessel Name: Indigo Star
Vessel Model: 2006 Mainship 400
New mainship 400 owner AC HPF code

Just bought a 2006 mainship 400 and on my way home to Savannah. Stopped at cabbage key and AC code says HPF.. checked strainer, not bad but cleaned anyway,.no help, checked pump impeller, no obstruction...... suggestions welcome...
Old 07-12-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
Guru

City: .
Vessel Name: GOTCHA
Vessel Model: Hatteras 58 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefndeb View Post
Just bought a 2006 mainship 400 and on my way home to Savannah. Stopped at cabbage key and AC code says HPF.. checked strainer, not bad but cleaned anyway,.no help, checked pump impeller, no obstruction...... suggestions welcome...
Check at the water intake thru-hull if need disconnect the hose at the strainer and open the valve. You should have a full flow from the hose going to the strainer, quickly close the valve after checking.
If you have full flow check the electric water pump to the AC unit.
The turn the compressor back on to check the outflow water from the compressor.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #3
Guru

City: Savannah, Ga.
Vessel Name: Indigo Star
Vessel Model: 2006 Mainship 400
Just a follow up on what fixed this issue - I tried to fix but failed- the guy said he thought the 12 inch long 3/4 hose from the AC water sea-cock to the strainer looked like a small inner layer of the hose looked like it was loose inside and he said that it was possible that this was restricting the flow??..

in addition,. the smaller length hose from the strainer to the pump input had also seemed to be week and was not as ridged as it should be and might be collapsing from the water being pulled through....anyway, he replaced these and so far both AC packs are doing fine,,,,,
jefndeb is offline   Reply With Quote