Thanks for the nice comments guys.
DHeckrotte: I've really admired your handy work as well. So far so good with this method. I've experienced only two very small "failures" in the finish that has been out in the weather 24/7 for 12 months. One was a a small fissure extending from a stanchion screw hole (not enough butyl tape around that screw) and one from a bait casting 14 year old
that I didn't catch before winter. I chamfered both locations, masked, filled w/tinted S3 Gel Magic epoxy and top coated with spar varnish after a week. Time will tell.
Marty: Your work on William has set a high water mark for the rest of us to strive for! I've really enjoyed following those projects.
Mike: I wish we were your dock mates but the waiting list for 50'covered slips there was lengthy before we arranged moorage at the PBB.
We just returned from an over night run to Port Kelly. I thought of you and you're recent run through "the gap". The wind came up around midnight and was holding us broadside to the 2'-3' rollers that were making it past the breakwater. At 1:00 A.M. I ended up using the dink still on the davits to pull the boat around to deploy a stern anchor to keep us headed into the waves. Worked well....but the anchor will remain nameless!