New ceiling paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
Joy is at it again . She just finished the aft deck ceiling.:) One and a half quarts of Total Boat Wet Edge Kingston Gray

Attachments

• 5AA68636-EBEE-431E-AA3D-ACB4456C0EFB.jpg
    5AA68636-EBEE-431E-AA3D-ACB4456C0EFB.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
good job but looks like the overhead to me :)

good job but looks like the overhead to me :)
Thanks you’re right it’s the overhead not the ceiling.There are no ceilings on boats:eek:

Thanks you’re right it’s the overhead not the ceiling.There are no ceilings on boats:eek:

Oh, but yes there are! :angel:

Term: ceiling (n)
------
Definition: The lining or inboard sheathing covering the frames of a wooden boat. Usually ceiling is light planking or slats covering the frames in cabin areas to provide insulation, deaden sound, reduce condensation and provide a more finished appearance. (Lubbers beware: the ceiling is located along the inboard sides of a ship, never overhead.)

Greetings,
Mr. PM. Looks great. Does Joy bill by the hour or by the job? Actually, I think there ARE ceilings on boats they're just not overheads. I think you could liken ceilings to wainscot on boats.

ceiling (n.)

mid-14c., celynge, "act of paneling a room," noun formed (with -ing) from Middle English verb ceil "put a cover or ceiling over," later "cover (walls) with wainscoting, panels, etc." (early 15c.); from Old French celer "to conceal," also "cover with paneling" (12c.), from Latin celare "to hide" (from PIE root *kel-(1) "to cover, conceal, save"). Probably influenced by Latin caelum "heaven, sky" (see celestial).

So, I expect you have a ceiling in your saloon...

200w.gif

Aw snap. Just a bit too late...

I’m glad she pulled the blades off and taped off the
“overhead fan” .

Greetings,
Mr.PM. Pre-apologies (must be off my meds...). IF you bought that fan at a big box store it probably IS a ceiling fan beautifully mounted to a freshly coated overhead...

200w.gif

William is lookin' mighty fine...

Is that one of the newer DC overhead fans , you can operate on the hook?

So if I attach a fan to the saloon wall it is really a ceiling fan?

"So if I attach a fan to the saloon wall it is really a ceiling fan?"

More likely it could be a food or people processor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom