My custom burgee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
M/V Sherpa
Vessel Make
24' Vashon Diesel Cruiser
Okay, I did it and spent more than I wanted to for this little luxury. I had a custom burgee made for my Vashon. I took a photo of the builder's logo, which was on my DC service panel. I sent the photo to burgees.com and had a custom burgee made. I am pleased with the result and only plan to fly this during "special occasions".

Yes, please forgive the fact that the builder's logo has a sailboat! :)

Attachments

• 102_2077.jpg
    102_2077.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 134
Actually a nice idea.

Marty

I wouldn't mind getting an IG Burgee made up. I wonder if any of the other IG members here would be interested. Base it on the boats logo found on each IG.

If you don't mind me asking VT how much did they charge to make up your burgee?

Attachments

• IG2 003.jpg
    IG2 003.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 103
I wouldn't mind getting an IG Burgee made up. I wonder if any of the other IG members here would be interested. Base it on the boats logo found on each IG.

Can anyone provide me with a photo like this for Defever? My boat is missing the originals. My boat is a Passagemaker (Jensen boat yard).

Not a problem; but let me preface that custom burgees are not cheap if you order just one as I did--the quality, however, is VERY good (UV resistant material/thread, durability, mildew resistance, double-sided print, etc.) and I expect it to last many years. Here is the breakdown:

One Burgee: $57
Handling/shipping Fee: $15
Artwork and Tooling Fee: $45
Total: $129

You can see how a group buy is ideal. I also learned that quality varies and it is important to research the materials being used. I needed a burgee that would handle the Florida UV. Of course, I will only be using my hundred dollar flag on important occasions!

I would have offered a group buy but I think I'm the only one on the forum with a Vashon! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, FWIW I think it's better to pay a bit more and get a product/burgee that will last. I don't think $129 is too bad considering the one of nature of the order.

Who did yours? Do they have a website? Maybe they would be open to others through the net and mails rather than each of us trying to find a local maker.

Lots of people can do them but don't want to if it's a one or two off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom