Maretron N2K Transducer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donsan

Guru
Vessel Name
No Mo Trawla
Vessel Make
Hurricane SS188
Anyone have experience with the Maretron N2K transducer?

The datasheet states it comes with a blank plug to replace its sensor when the vessel will be docked for extended periods. This is supposed to reduce damage to the sensor and reduces fouling growth.

Does this plug get installed from inside or outside the boat?

I have a Airmar transducer that has a plug that you replace in the boat.

Anyone have experience with the Maretron N2K transducer?

The datasheet states it comes with a blank plug to replace its sensor when the vessel will be docked for extended periods. This is supposed to reduce damage to the sensor and reduces fouling growth.

Does this plug get installed from inside or outside the boat?

Inside of boat. Have a towel at hand and work swiftly.

Thanks fellas!!! I was worried I might have to jump into the cool Lake Michigan waters to service the plug.

Thanks fellas!!! I was worried I might have to jump into the cool Lake Michigan waters to service the plug.

Just be ready for the nice cool gusher.:)

Just be ready for the nice cool gusher.:)

I am hoping the water up there is cool and clean enough that I only have to unplug it when we relaunch the boat in the spring and then plug it prior to winter haul out.

I don't recall exactly but I thought on my Airmar Triducer the only time you used the plug was while cleaning growth off the paddle wheel. I abandoned that transducer when I updated electronics, it will be removed next week after the boat is hauled for work.

When you pull the plug, a column of water will leap out to the height of your waterline. You will immediately understand how useless your bilge pump will be should you ever "hole" your boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom