Low water pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sozo

Vessel Name
sozo
Vessel Make
Jefferson 57 pilothouse MY
In need of some ideas about how to remedy my problem of low water pressure. I just changed the filters on my fresh water system, fired back up the water pressure and ever since have lost about 1/2 my standard water pressure. I have tried shutting off the pressure and draining the lines, and restarting, I have tried running water from all possible locations at once. The worst effected is the galley sink. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

did you use a different filter ? I finer or different type filter can make restriction .

remove the filter element and test again.

Clean the screen that is part of the faucet (if you have one).

Pull the hose at the pressure side of pump and check the output for normal flow and pressure. Compare that to your various galley and head faucets. If the same, something is going on upstream of the pump, between it and your water tank. Bypass the filters and put a hose direct from the tank to the the pump and see what you get.

Thanks all for the replies, very much appreciated. Started removing filters one by one, carbon filter was the culprit.

Do you have an intake filter/ screen between the tanks and the water pump. They are usually a coarse screen but can get clogged. That will slow water delivery big time.

Happens occasionally on my boat. Try pulling the faucet screens and attachments for a cleaning. Seems to help me.

Thanks all for the replies, very much appreciated. Started removing filters one by one, carbon filter was the culprit.
I added a carbon block filter to my water system and found that many of the cartridges have very low flow rates. So choose the larger housing that takes a 20" x 4.5" cartridge. Very happy with the results.

Ted

I added a carbon block filter to my water system and found that many of the cartridges have very low flow rates. So choose the larger housing that takes a 20" x 4.5" cartridge. Very happy with the results.

Ted

How long does one of those folders last? Is that a Home Depot or Lowe's thing?

How long does one of those folders last? Is that a Home Depot or Lowe's thing?

This is a large volume housing at a very good price. The fittings are 1" pipe thread which I just used reducing bushings down to 1/2" pipe thread.

Filter Housing $44

This is the carbon block cartridge I chose. Filters down to 10 microns and removes chlorine and other tastes. Has a flow rating of 7 GPM. The cartridge is rated for 30,000 liters or 3 months. I ran the first one for a year while doing the Great Loop solo, before it started to plug up. The site is very good for comparing cartridges. The specification section is very detailed for each cartridge.

Filter cartridge $67

Ted

Back
Top Bottom