Looking for port light parts for President 41

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailinggod

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Instead Of
Vessel Make
Mainship 34
IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0613.jpgHello
I'm looking for parts for the port lights found on President 41 trawlers. These port lights are typically plastic frames with screw down tighteners to lock them in place, and I'm looking for any of the screw down tighteners that anyone may have. The attached photos show the tightener.

Last edited:
Thanks for your prompt response. I forgot to indicate that these are PYHI port lights, which I think at one time were available from Bomar. I will check to see if they have any parts for the white dogs on the port lights.
Much appreciated.

They look like Beckson ports to me. Maybe the Becksons and the Bomars are the same. I'd do a search for each to find parts.

Hi Salinggod

Did you ever find the spare parts (screw down tighteners) for your PHYI portlights? I also have a President 41 and need the same part.

Thanks
Dave

I think I still have some black Bomar threaded studs & knobs from replacing them on my previous boat.
If anyone is interested in them - PM me and let me know how many you need and mailing address -
I'll check the spare parts bin and let you know!
Also - If the problem is the knob threads being stripped - You can drill them out and epoxy in a threaded brass insert

Threaded Brass Insert - Plastic
Threaded Brass Insert - Wood

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom