Lehman 90/135 Air Filter Alternative

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meridian

Guru
Vessel Name
Meridian
Vessel Make
Krogen-42
Any alternatives for the foam filters? I've looked at the shop vac filters but I can only find 6" diameter and I need 8".

Attachments

• IMG_3407.jpg
    IMG_3407.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
I've wondered the same thing. They're not much of a filter at 1/2" thick and maybe 60 pore - really just keep loose objects out. The foam is easily obtained so one could make their own. If you want to change the filter to something different there are round auto air filters about the right size. I adapted such a filter to a small stationary diesel I have. Try perusing the air filters at your local auto store.

Ken

what's your objective?

K & N air filters would be a good alternative. They do need to be oiled to be properly effective and cleaned periodically but they would be a good replacement.

There are others but this is one I used for my different engine which did not have a filter at all, just a silencer with holes that would stop only birds larger than hummers.

Do not even consider a shop vac filter. Maybe it will be ok but if not the engine could eat it likely causing engine damage.

Look at K&N website, they have all kind of filters, pretty sure you will find one that fits. I found one for my unusual never seen engine.

L.

Greetings,
Mr. m. The vast majority of ER's are not particularity dusty environments so why not stick with what you already have unless what was originally there is missing in which case, replace with original.

NAPA Gold 6071 can be cut into four filters. They are about 1" too long but can be trimmed to fit. $13.

Reviving this, is this product for real?

Walker Engineering - Home

Asking because I’m interested in the chain it can reduce noise. Anyone use one on a FL120?

Nope, neither used one nor do I have the Lehman.
I can tell you though when I did mine with the K & N's the air intake suction noise did increase. Not horribly so but noticeable.

Ever run a car engine with the filter off? That suction noise can be quite loud. A filter or in my case a noise box will control that noise, a lot.

I thought dirt control was more important and they do collect dirt and other debris.

Whether the Walker will do enough I cannot say but they are used on many turbo engines and those things can howl.

Depending on how y'alls engine rooms are laid out, Donaldson remote mount air filter/silencers from tractors/excavators are really nice packages. But it needs to be mounted away from engine and intake plumbed to the unit. I've done several generators using bobcat units and it absolutely kills the intake noise. Might be a plumbing mess to do on a Lehman, but throwing the idea out there.

I looked into the Walker Engineering Airsep filter. I also have the FL120's. The price was $625 each. Yikes, I can spend my money on sillier things than that.

Last edited:
I use a foam shop vac filter. Fits like a glove. This was a recommendation several years ago, perhaps a thread on this forum.
Anyway, cheap and works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom