Leak Finder.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
Lifted this from an RV site , might be worth the attempt to find where a leak comes from.

"It was originally built for a smaller blower that didn't do the job. I had to add some extensions to the base to keep it from blowing over.

I close all the cabin vents and tape off the sink/basin/shower drains.

I then spray the roof with a pump-up sprayer containing a dish soap water mixture.

Works very well.

BTW, I believe it paid for itself the first use, rather than taking it to a dealer." Attached Thumbnails

There are also ultrasonic leak detectors... I had a truck mechanic friend locate a leak in a motorhome using his US detector. An US source is placed inside in the are of the leak and a detector is scanned around the outside looking for the peak in signal received.
Worked like a charm at pinpointing the leak... then came the repair.

Very cool. How about a 90-degree photo showing the opening and maybe one with it installed on a project?

that photo is installed on a project...and RV roof.

Years ago when I was working as a Maintenance engineer in a pulp and paper mill, we had an ultrasonic "gun" in our tool cabinet. Primarily used for hunting air leaks but also usefull for other things. We didn't use it very often (our primary job was vibration analysis, lubrication monitoring, laser alignment, optical alignment, etc...)
Anyway I remember that thing being very hit and miss. Pretty good for finding compressed air leaks, some of the time.... sometimes it was just too hard to pinpoint the source

It looks like the pressure source blower is over a std 14x14 RV hatch .

It looks like the pressure source blower is over a std 14x14 RV hatch .

Ah, I could not see that it was up on an RV. Neat innovation for sure.

Back
Top Bottom