Old 11-19-2016, 07:27 AM   #201
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Bill11 View Post
I recommend getting some moving blankets.
When I did my refit, I got a roll of indoor / outdoor hall way carpet and fastened lengths upside down over the floors. The soft surface protected the floor, the underside gave me traction to walk on, and the thickness acted as shock absorption when I dropped things.

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #202
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Holy crap, Larry! You've thought of everything...even a dance pole. This is the second KK I've seen with one. Brittania's 54 has a taller one in the fwd cabin.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #203
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Holy crap! Even my head and shower look that good.

"When life gets hard, eat marshmallows”.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:02 PM   #204
TF Site Team

City: Jacksonville
We had a good weekend with the port side coming together. Loosing 22" of tanks opens up some space. We moved the start bank and water heater to the aft end of the tanks for more access around the engine.

Tomorrow we start on the starboard side and we'll see how everything fits there. We'll start running cables and hoses then. In theory, the house bank, the 10-T105's, hasn't changed or moved so that should go smoothly.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0001a.jpg  
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #205
TF Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
Holy crap, Larry! You've thought of everything...even a dance pole. This is the second KK I've seen with one. Brittania's 54 has a taller one in the fwd cabin.
Don't tell Lena. She'll be checking the guest list.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:13 PM   #206
TF Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Holy crap! Even my head and shower look that good.
Thanks, I hope it will last.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:48 PM   #207
Guru

City: St Augustine,Fl
LOL, you'll pay more for that than the whole project, Larry,LOL
Sailor of Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:28 PM   #208
RNL

City: Sitka
Vessel Name: Rob n' Lee
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42' #192
Larry. Again, wonderful job. I'm envious of the sense of pleasure and satisfaction you must be experiencing. a job well done!! Also a real great source of info for us. Thanks and Congrats. Glen
RNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #209
Guru

City: Jacksonville Beach, FL
Vessel Model: Back in the market looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNL View Post
Larry. Again, wonderful job. I'm envious of the sense of pleasure and satisfaction you must be experiencing. a job well done!! Also a real great source of info for us. Thanks and Congrats. Glen
Amen, and Amen!!
Old 11-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #210
Guru

City: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
We had a good weekend with the port side coming together. Loosing 22" of tanks opens up some space. We moved the start bank and water heater to the aft end of the tanks for more access around the engine.

Tomorrow we start on the starboard side and we'll see how everything fits there. We'll start running cables and hoses then. In theory, the house bank, the 10-T105's, hasn't changed or moved so that should go smoothly.
Looking good Larry.

If I can make another couple of suggestions, consider putting Dri-Deck mat under things like your water heater, muffler, pumps, etc. I've found that keeps the areas under those kinds of things dry and it's easy to flush out under them to keep them clean as well.

And since I believe you are using wet cell batteries, think about dusting the bottom of your battery boxes with baking soda before putting the batteries in the boxes. The soda does a great job of soaking up and neutralizing and water/acid spills.
Capt.Bill11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:18 AM   #211
TF Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissboat View Post
Amen, and Amen!!
Thanks guys, but I'm not sure about the sense of pleasure. At times I think an ice pick in the forehead would be less painful.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:31 AM   #212
TF Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Bill11 View Post
Looking good Larry.

If I can make another couple of suggestions, consider putting Dri-Deck mat under things like your water heater, muffler, pumps, etc. I've found that keeps the areas under those kinds of things dry and it's easy to flush out under them to keep them clean as well.

And since I believe you are using wet cell batteries, think about dusting the bottom of your battery boxes with baking soda before putting the batteries in the boxes. The soda does a great job of soaking up and neutralizing and water/acid spills.
Thanks Bill, good suggestions. I'm using Dri-Deck in a few areas but not under the water heater or muffler yet. I'll check it out. The water pump is raised to keep dry and for vibration. I'll post a picture later.

I should have done the baking soda when I originally installed this set of batteries. When we removed them, there was acid in one box. It turns out, one of the T-105's leaked at the top seam, a manufacturers defect.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:13 PM   #213
TF Site Team

Here's what we've done for the water pump and the vacuum pump for the head. It's easy to check for leaks and I think it helps reduce noise/vibration. I still need to add a chafe bushing where the wires exit the wall plus plumb the pump in but we're getting close. Hopefully this weekend the plumbing will be done if Lena lets me out.
Attached Thumbnails
a.jpg  
Old 11-23-2016, 07:25 PM   #214
Guru

City: Lions Bay, BC
Vessel Name: Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
Quote:
Here's what we've done for the water pump...I still need to add a chafe bushing where the wires exit the wall plus plumb the pump in but we're getting close.
Everything looks good, Larry. I will be interested to see how this install works out. I'm not happy with the location of my water pump. It's in the bilge under the electrical panel forward of the engine. I'd like to relocate it on the starboard side, proximate with the water heater and the water filters. The pump has failed twice and I believe it is because there is no filter prior to the pump. Are these pumps self priming?

Jim
JDCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:38 PM   #215
Guru

City: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale
Yeah mounting them on hose as isolators does help.

And yes those pumps are self priming.
Capt.Bill11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:13 AM   #216
Guru

City: South Florida
Very clever isolation mount

Quote:
Here's what we've done for the water pump and the vacuum pump for the head. It's easy to check for leaks and I think it helps reduce noise/vibration. .
Keysdisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:59 PM   #217
TF Site Team

She's alive! We have systems, well except for one. We hooked up the house/DC side and all is good except the inverter/charger. We have a old Zantrex that's now keeping the batteries topped off till we figure it out but the water, refrigeration, AC/heat, lights, head, etc. all are good. The thru-hulls are installed, bonded and the hoses hooked up or are ready to go. The sight tubes and deck fills are plumbed. We've changed the packing to GFO and the bottom is painted. The water-maker and cock-pit water we'll do in the slip. We may change the domestic water to PEX later. I stripped the old system out after 29 years and 4 owners and put it back using ˝” PVC water hose just to get things up and running.

The engine, fuel lines from the manifolds, the starting DC wiring harness/cables will go in on Monday and hopefully we'll be back underway by Thursday or Friday. I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel - and I don't think it's a train coming our way.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   5a.jpg   6.jpg   8.jpg  

Old 11-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #218
Guru

City: South Florida
Are you going new on the manifold valves and the plumbing from the new tanks to the newly rebuilt engine?

Quote:
The engine, fuel lines from the manifolds,
Keysdisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:32 PM   #219
Guru

City: kemah
Pretty....

I would offer another clamp to the accumulator. If for nothing else than redundancy.
what_barnacles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #220
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Holy mackerel! What did you do in the afternoon?

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote