Old 11-24-2021, 11:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

City: St. Louis, MO
Kha Shing Sedan 40 Sliding Door

Hello Folks,

We have a new to us 1989 Kha Shing Sedan 40 with sliding doors in the rear to the cockpit and one on the sbd side. Neither slides well and both have broken pieces. I'm looking for any information on how these doors are mounted to the tracks. Here are photos of the broken carriers as well as a roller we found in an old parts bin that might be what's missing from the bottom of the doors. They don't appear to roll at all, only slide on these broken carriers. Also, any ideas on how to remove the doors for repair would be appreciated as the door on the stb side by the lower helm is delaminated and needs repaired.

Thanks in advance,
Deb
MV First Light
The Retirement Project

Kintala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:28 PM   #2
Scraping Paint

City: Ocean park
Vessel Name: Tug life
Vessel Model: Nordic tug 26
They sell door track and rollers I can’t remember exactly who sells them I’ll Google it and see if I can find them I’ll let you know it probably would require to trim off part of the bottom of the door install the rollers and the new track to the floor as far as getting it apart I need to see pictures Pictures ….Google boat outfitters door track $65 for the door track and $30 per truck or roller
Scooby5959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby5959 View Post
They sell door track and rollers I can’t remember exactly who sells them I’ll Google it and see if I can find them I’ll let you know it probably would require to trim off part of the bottom of the door install the rollers and the new track to the floor as far as getting it apart I need to see pictures Pictures ….Google boat outfitters door track $65 for the door track and $30 per truck or roller

Thanks for the reply. The door is metal so I'm not sure trimming it is an option. I saw those rollers already. Nothing there would work with this door. Here's another photo that might help. I'll take one of the top track tomorrow when it's light out.

Old 11-24-2021, 08:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

City: A2
IMTRA was repping doors for builders overseas and in the states at that time.
, amongst many other products. I don’t see them with the exact product anymore, but give them a call as they mayknow the source of those doors at that time period.

https://www.imtra.com/products/other...-doors-hatches
PacificBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:21 PM   #5
Scraping Paint

It’s kind of hard to tell from the pictures but the best I can see take off the rollers if you can get the rollers out the door should lift out from bottom maybe
Old 11-24-2021, 08:24 PM   #6
Scraping Paint

I was thinking they were wood doors trying to find the manufacture and repairing what you have makes sense to me as well
Old 11-24-2021, 08:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBlue View Post
IMTRA was repping doors for builders overseas and in the states at that time.
, amongst many other products. I don’t see them with the exact product anymore, but give them a call as they mayknow the source of those doors at that time period.

https://www.imtra.com/products/other...-doors-hatches

Thanks! I'll check them out.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:49 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Quote:
It’s kind of hard to tell from the pictures but the best I can see take off the rollers if you can get the rollers out the door should lift out from bottom maybe

The problem is that I don't think there are any rollers in there anymore. I think someone removed them at some point and it's been sliding on the carriers since then which is why the carriers are in such bad shape and why it's so hard to slide the doors. I wouldn't even have realized there were rollers there at all if I hadn't found that one in the spare parts bin. It looks to me like the rollers are inset deeply (ergo the shape of the bracket) so you woudn't be able to remove the roller without removing the door first. We need to see if we can figure out how to get the doors out so we can look at the bottom. So far I don't see any way to get the door out without removing the track and that also doesn't seem to be an obvious process.

You gotta love boat projects...
Old 11-24-2021, 09:05 PM   #9
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintala View Post
Thanks for the reply. The door is metal so I'm not sure trimming it is an option. I saw those rollers already. Nothing there would work with this door. Here's another photo that might help. I'll take one of the top track tomorrow when it's light out....
Unaware how Kha Shing do things but, sliding doors often hang on a top track, with rollers, all concealed behind a removable panel. Inspection and a pic of the top track may help.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:49 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Unaware how Kha Shing do things but, sliding doors often hang on a top track, with rollers, all concealed behind a removable panel. Inspection and a pic of the top track may help.

No removable panel that we can see. Here's more photos:

This one is how I think the roller mounts:

Old 11-24-2021, 10:13 PM   #11
Scraping Paint

How about a picture of the entire door standing back a ways and a dimension top to bottom side to side I helped a guy put a new sliding door on his Bayliner obviously not a boat like you have we just put a regular Home Depot slider on it
Old 11-24-2021, 11:06 PM   #12
Guru

City: Boston Area
I've seen some that you lift in place and then swing the bottom out then the whole door drops out. Size up the weight of the door though and have help handy. Solid wood doors can get heavy
Benthic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:37 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Quote:
How about a picture of the entire door standing back a ways and a dimension top to bottom side to side I helped a guy put a new sliding door on his Bayliner obviously not a boat like you have we just put a regular Home Depot slider on it

Here's the full door photos if they'll help:

Old 11-25-2021, 03:37 PM   #14
Veteran Member

**** solved ****

So I have located the brackets. Evidently the rollers were removed and this Slide-Ezzz kit was installed. We've ordered a replacement kit which should do the trick. Thanks all for the advice and help.

https://slide-ezzz.com/
Old 11-25-2021, 04:22 PM   #15
Scraping Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintala View Post
So I have located the brackets. Evidently the rollers were removed and this Slide-Ezzz kit was installed. We've ordered a replacement kit which should do the trick. Thanks all for the advice and help.

https://slide-ezzz.com/
I’m glad it worked out, I wasn’t much help now that I see the full door it doesn’t look like too much fun to replace .I’ll keep your fix in the back of my head so you helped me

Tags
door hardware, kha shing, sedan 40