Interior woodwork, canvas, hull buffing and waxing in Clear Lake, Texas Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caggie

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
C Marie
Vessel Make
Great Harbour 47
We have a purchase agreement in place for a boat in Jacksonville and we are looking for recommendations to have some work done here at home in Texas. The plan is to bring the boat back to the Clear Lake/Kemah/Seabrook area and get the work done. This includes ripping out the carpet and replacing with flooring, building some cabinets and possibly a dinette, canvas work including replacing cushions, rebedding the portlights, buffing and waxing the hull and a bottom job. Phase 2 will tackle replacing the 12 year old electronics.

We welcome any and all recommendations for vendors local here. Many thanks to the brainiacs that frequent this wonderful site.

We have a purchase agreement in place for a boat in Jacksonville and we are looking for recommendations to have some work done here at home in Texas. The plan is to bring the boat back to the Clear Lake/Kemah/Seabrook area and get the work done. This includes ripping out the carpet and replacing with flooring, building some cabinets and possibly a dinette, canvas work including replacing cushions, rebedding the portlights, buffing and waxing the hull and a bottom job. Phase 2 will tackle replacing the 12 year old electronics.

We welcome any and all recommendations for vendors local here. Many thanks to the brainiacs that frequent this wonderful site.
Caggie,
I hope your new boat is giving you great memories. Did you get any response to your message above. Just bought a Grand Banks in Rockport and will be moving it up to our area (Kemah/Clear Lake/Seabrook) in a couple of months and it will need some work. Any recommendations/experiences with our local contractors would be helpful ie bottom job, cushions, decking, etc. Thanks

Yes, we are just finishing up a couple of months of cruising in the Exumas. For a bottom job, call Jose at Simpson Marine. His number is 281-381-6938. He does excellent work at very reasonable rates. For cushions, call Debbie at TNT Upholstery at 832-867-1283. She redid our cushions in the pilot house.

Second Josh at Perfection. I would try to keep the boat at Blue Dolphin dock 2, where he headquarters out of. I kept my GB there.

I would get bottom job in Florida, prices seem to be better. Also makes traveling faster. I am using Seabrook in New Orleans.

Back
Top Bottom