Inflatable tube repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Windward34

Hi all I have an almost 20 year old zodiac ridged inflatable made of hypalon. The tubes are coming off the fiberglass transom and the port side tube is now pulling up about 1/4 made be halfway down the hull from the stern forward. Boat is in water I literally finished painting bottom and when I put boat in the port tube hung up on dock and guessing caused the damage. I assume it just helped it along and was probably going to go bad at some point regardless. I’m in RI and was thinking of seeing if it worth repairing vs new. I have no idea the real cost to repair assume not cheap. Anyone have this work done and idea of cost? Tubes are old with a few patches couple that need to be redone.

I have started the search for new (any recommendation, I like the highfield 310 FLC if I go center console)

check the cost of Re-Tubing. Could be cheaper than new by a lot, will give close to "new" look and performance.

I looked at re tubing about two years ago, decided against it, as the cost was about half the new boat price.That price differential pushed me toward a new boat. You may find a cheaper repair price than I did though.

Twenty years is quite a long time for an inflatable. When I read that I immediately looked up where you live, not surprised to see you reside in the cooler climes.

FWIW, I have heard good things about Highfield boats.

If the RIB hull is OK, re-tubing is a cheaper option. I've seen re-tubed RIBs at local boat shows done by an Essex CT company called "DinghyPro". They have a web site (dinghypro.com).

There is also "Sound Inflatables" out of Old Saybrook, Ct. Several from my marina have had their inflatables repaired there.

Back
Top Bottom