headliner replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gskill

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
RoxSea
Vessel Make
34 Mainship Pilot
I have a 2006 34 pilot. The boat is located in the South Florida area, east coast and I am interested in locating someone who does headliner replacement. The existing headliner consists of stretched vinal material held by tracks. I would appreciate it if anyone knows of someone who is familiar with replacement and can provide their name and number. There are local companies who provide installation however they want an exorbitant amount of non-refundable money just to come out for an estimate.

Last edited:
Automotive interior shops might be willing to do it at a fair price if you can find one close to the boat. Good luck.

Stretched vinyl is not all that hard. Several tricks involved. I did mine in a 77 Egg MY. I glued insulation inside to the salon roof first, BIG help w/ the AC.

Is replacement absolutely necessary or would a re-finish be possible? Mine looks like new after I refinished with a "leather dye" product. It was terribly stained from mold and wouldn't come clean.

Ah yes. Stuff works good. BUT- if it is the kind with the little holes all over, that mold is INSIDE too. I love the smell of fresh mold in the morning!
Something with no perforations you're good to go.

Ah yes. Stuff works good. BUT- if it is the kind with the little holes all over, that mold is INSIDE too. I love the smell of fresh mold in the morning!
Something with no perforations you're good to go.

Mine has no perfs. Pics on request if interested.

Back
Top Bottom