G-Flex epoxy for Weaver mounts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
Anyone know the product number for the G-Flex epoxy I need re-fixing the edges on my dinghy Weaver mounts? They make more than one type of G-Flex epoxy, and (as usual) I am confused.:confused:

Anyone know the product number for the G-Flex epoxy I need re-fixing the edges on my dinghy Weaver mounts? They make more than one type of G-Flex epoxy, and (as usual) I am confused.:confused:

Anchor,

There are a number of West Systems G Flex epoxies.
I like the G Flex G655 which I use for a number of things. It's a strong epoxy, adheres to most stuff (check their specs) and dries flexible. But flexible as in a hardness of Shore D 75, which is quite hard by the touch but can flex a bit to minimize cracks.

I've used it to fix Kayaks (polyethylene), windsurfers, boat parts, mounts, etc. Occasionally you need to "flash" the product with a torch for adhesion, like the polyethylene stuff.

Great product, I buy it two quarts at a time. And West offers good tech support.

Also use similar products like 5200 for very permanent hard bonding stuff, and 4200 for sealing thru hulls, transducers, and things that need to keep water out.

I reattached my Weaver pads on my Hypalon unit using G Flex,( I think), 650. Worked well, has lasted 2 seasons so far with no separation. I'd suggest a call to Gougeon Bros tech folks. They are very helpful

Back
Top Bottom