Fuel Tank Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pure pleasure

I have seen lots of comments on tank r and r I saw that thier a company that make blatter tanks that go inside your old metal tanks has anyone used these tanks

They work fine , the hassle is the interior of the fuel box must be empty of any baffles so there is no abrasion.

So the box must still be opened .

One advantage in a fuel box is the bladder can be removed & emptied and any crud and water poured out .

Of course a real marine fuel tank would have a sump and could be pumped , but a bladder does work if you like clean water free fuel.

fuel tank replacement

I have seen lots of comments on tank r and r I saw that thier a company that make blatter tanks that go inside your old metal tanks has anyone used these tanks

Hi, Im in England and have a 28ft Eurobanker 1978 with lehman 4cyl 80hp engine . The fuel tank is on the starboard side abeem under the starboard side deck and it is leaking and it is metal do you know if it will have baffles in ,it looks like it was sealed in at the factory and I cannot see any hatch to it .I would like to try the bladder tank filler if I can get it in England and does anybody have information on these vessels as to a build plan or anything as nothing came with the boat. dave.:ermm:

fuel tank

Hi, Im in England and have a 28ft Eurobanker 1978 with lehman 4cyl 80hp engine . The fuel tank is on the starboard side abeem under the starboard side deck and it is leaking and it is metal do you know if it will have baffles in ,it looks like it was sealed in at the factory and I cannot see any hatch to it .I would like to try the bladder tank filler if I can get it in England and does anybody have information on these vessels as to a build plan or anything as nothing came with the boat. dave.:ermm:

To add, does anybody think it will be ok to fill the old tank up with foam and use as a buoyancy tank and forget it.

Greetings,
Mr. t. Welcome aboard. There's a VERY good chance your fuel tank IS baffled. As far as foaming the old tank for flotation...Why take up that potentially useful space with something you may never use or will never work? Cut the front out of it and use it for storage if you must but don't forget to actually put in a new tank. You may want to go somewhere and fuel IS somewhat of a necessity...

I agree with RTF. Don't waste the space.
If you really feel the need for floatation, leave the tank empty. Anything you put in it will just reduce the buoyancy by the weight of what ever you put in it. Flotation foam typically weighs about two pounds per cubic foot.

Hi Hopcar, Thank you,the last owner had fitted a 150 imp gal plastic fuel tank behind the gearbox mid center it does not seem to have baffles ,do you feel this will be ok or should I do something to re adjust cg in boat ,any suggestions please .

TB, I think your question is beyond my level of expertise. I'd talk to an experienced boat yard about replacing the leaking tank. It can be done. You just have to throw money at it.

Back
Top Bottom