Floor supports

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fryedaze

Guru
Vessel Name
Fryedaze
Vessel Make
MC 42 (Overseas Co) Monk 42
I am looking for a source of adjustable floor supports. These are the stainless poles that run from the Salon floor support beams to the stringers. I started some maintenance on my genset and found that the PO installed the genset in front of a support post and the access panel cant be removed without removing the pole. Its the front engine end of the unit where the pumps and belts are. I had to beat the support out of the way to remove it. I would like a support with a screw jack that could easily be adjusted and removed. The current post ids one solid piece with a socket on the top and welded flange on the bottom. Size is probably 3'-4'. I have searched the net and come up empty.
Thanks, Dave

There is a non adjustable one in my trawler. Used a small automotive hydraulic bottle jack and a 2 x 4 to lift the floor. Maybe an easier solution for quick removal.

Ted

Last edited:
Wouldn't a simple screw jack like this do the job?
These are fairly heavy but if you google screw jack there are plenty to choose from.

Attachments

• screw jack.jpg
    screw jack.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 72
A couple of suggestions that i've used before. Cut down a construction "acrow prop". They are adhustable in length and then you still have the thread to adjust. The second is to get a piece of 11/2 galv plumbing pipe, 11/2" flange , a 11/2 to 1" reducer and a 1"x 4" nipple, a 12" length of 1" screwed rod, a couple of 1" nuts (one to adjust and one to use a a jam nut. 1" flange . File out1" nipple to fit screwed rod, assemble flanges on pipe, assemble coupling as logic suggests place in situ, screw nut down on to 1" nipple to tighten and then tighten 2nd nut to use as a am nut. If you need a sketch send me a P.M. and I'll email a sketch. Cheap, cheerful , parts at your hardware store. no special tools, need hacksaw, and 2 spanners.

FighterPilot had a post "34 LRC Hull Construction" Within the string I posted what I used for jacks using aluminum ridged electrical conduit.

Back
Top Bottom