Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
fryedaze's Avatar
City: Solomons Island Md
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Fryedaze
Vessel Model: MC 42 (Overseas Co) Monk 42
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,454
Floor supports

I am looking for a source of adjustable floor supports. These are the stainless poles that run from the Salon floor support beams to the stringers. I started some maintenance on my genset and found that the PO installed the genset in front of a support post and the access panel cant be removed without removing the pole. Its the front engine end of the unit where the pumps and belts are. I had to beat the support out of the way to remove it. I would like a support with a screw jack that could easily be adjusted and removed. The current post ids one solid piece with a socket on the top and welded flange on the bottom. Size is probably 3'-4'. I have searched the net and come up empty.
Thanks, Dave

Dave Frye
Fryedaze, MC 42 (Monk 42') 1989 Overseas Co
fryedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
O C Diver's Avatar
City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in Crisfield, MD
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,446
There is a non adjustable one in my trawler. Used a small automotive hydraulic bottle jack and a 2 x 4 to lift the floor. Maybe an easier solution for quick removal.


I'm tired of fast moves, I've got a slow groove, on my mind.....
I want to spend some time, Not come and go in a heated rush.....
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
AusCan's Avatar
City: Adelaide
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: Kokanee
Vessel Model: Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,052
Wouldn't a simple screw jack like this do the job?
These are fairly heavy but if you google screw jack there are plenty to choose from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screw jack.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	38054  
AusCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
City: gulf coast
Country: pinellas
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,184
I agree just temporarily jack it up a fraction.
bayview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
Martin J's Avatar
City: Mt Crested Butte
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Artemis
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 67
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 443
A couple of suggestions that i've used before. Cut down a construction "acrow prop". They are adhustable in length and then you still have the thread to adjust. The second is to get a piece of 11/2 galv plumbing pipe, 11/2" flange , a 11/2 to 1" reducer and a 1"x 4" nipple, a 12" length of 1" screwed rod, a couple of 1" nuts (one to adjust and one to use a a jam nut. 1" flange . File out1" nipple to fit screwed rod, assemble flanges on pipe, assemble coupling as logic suggests place in situ, screw nut down on to 1" nipple to tighten and then tighten 2nd nut to use as a am nut. If you need a sketch send me a P.M. and I'll email a sketch. Cheap, cheerful , parts at your hardware store. no special tools, need hacksaw, and 2 spanners.
Martin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
Duvie's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 302
FighterPilot had a post "34 LRC Hull Construction" Within the string I posted what I used for jacks using aluminum ridged electrical conduit.

Duvie is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012