Filters etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have to worry about the price of filters, you better sell the boat quickly. ;-)

I agree.

I buy cases of no name brand filters from distributors closing out stock and I sell them on eBay and swap meets at a real low price. It amazes me that people will buy these no name filters to save 3 to 6 dollars when they have engines, cars, boats worth a lot of money

I would never use one of those filters on any of my engines.

I agree.

I buy cases of no name brand filters from distributors closing out stock and I sell them on eBay and swap meets at a real low price. It amazes me that people will buy these no name filters to save 3 to 6 dollars when they have engines, cars, boats worth a lot of money

I would never use one of those filters on any of my engines.

I don't do that but even for my 40 year old Cummins engine I buy Cummins filters.

I don't do that but even for my 40 year old Cummins engine I buy Cummins filters.

I don't go that far because of the extremely high markup by OEM's.

Engine manufactures do not manufacturers filters but buy private labeled filters from filter manufacturers. Usually to their specifications.

I buy Fram Extra Guard oil filters for engine and generator.

Been very happy with Wix / NAPA from Fleetfilter.com in everything I own, except for genuine Racor elements in the separators.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom