Exhaust elbow on Lehman 120 - concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the breach was the gasket at the elbow to begin with. Its true it ran on saltwater for some time. Had it not hydro locked I wouldn't have found it. I've learned a good lesson. I n stalled new hoses and elbow with a new gasket. Its the only place it could get in and do that I think.

Is there even a gasket at manifold/mixer elbow that separates FW and SW? Can't remember exactly how it is arranged there, whether there are water ports at the joint or not.

Yes there is. The gaskets seals the end of the end of the manifold ports. Strikes me funny why the didn't just cast it shut because the anti freeze doesn't circulate there. I suspect that's where my problem began withe the failure of that gasket for whatever reason
I have lots of saltwater flowing from the raw water pump and the elbow was ok but grungy

Yes there is. The gaskets seals the end of the end of the manifold ports. Strikes me funny why the didn't just cast it shut because the anti freeze doesn't circulate there. I suspect that's where my problem began withe the failure of that gasket for whatever reason
I have lots of saltwater flowing from the raw water pump and the elbow was ok but grungy

same manifold can be used for raw water cooling by using an open gasket.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom