Engine room gauges for Cummins 6BTAs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrewc

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Avalon
Vessel Make
Present 46
I have a set of Cummins 6BTAs in my trawler. I'm trying to add gauges in the engine room and having a little difficulty with engine temp gauge. I easily added mechanical oil pressure gauges as there are several extra ports near the stock electrical sending unit. No such luck with the temperature sensor. The original temp sensor is in a tight location. There has to be another location for a mechanical temp probe, just not sure where. Any ideas? Thanks!

Install a contact Aquastat with gauge. Since you're looking for reading in the ER, an IR gun works better than a gauge IMHO plus you can then check oil, transmission, prop bearing etc temperatures.

I have a set of Cummins 6BTAs in my trawler. I'm trying to add gauges in the engine room and having a little difficulty with engine temp gauge. I easily added mechanical oil pressure gauges as there are several extra ports near the stock electrical sending unit. No such luck with the temperature sensor. The original temp sensor is in a tight location. There has to be another location for a mechanical temp probe, just not sure where. Any ideas? Thanks!

If you're going to use Cummins gauges (like an upper and lower helm), you need to change the sendor. They use a different sendor for powering 2 displays.

Ted

Thanks for the help gents! Much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom