ElectroSea ClearLine system???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodstock

Vessel Name
Pawseidon
Vessel Make
Navigator 4600
I attended the Fort Lauderdale Boat show back in November and ran into a company I hadn't heard of before. ElectroSea. https://www.electrosea.com They were showing a system they call CLEARLINE that is designed to prevent marine growth in marine AC systems.
They appear to be a very new company with a new product idea that sounds great, especially here in the Southeast where AC maintenance is significant. They claim the only maintenance on the system is the "core" of the ClearCell chlorinator has to be replaced after a number of years depending on hours of use. They say the levels of chlorine are about what we see in tap water so should not be corrosive.
Does anyone have one of these or know anything more about them beyond what's on their website?

No replies so I'm guessing they're not well known. I going to go ahead with installing a system in a couple of weeks so I'll find out how well it works when the water warms up in the spring.

Thanks for the post. This device is new to me, I will follow your post.

Installed and functioning. Won't really know how well it works until the water warms up but it seems to be a nice system.

Attachments

• clearline.jpg
    clearline.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 83
The system does what it claims to do! I've inspected my AC strainer every few weeks since installing. Strainer screen has always been clean aside from an occasional piece of grass or a small shell. Normally, at this time of year, I would have to clean the strainer every 4 or 5 days to keep the screens from being grown over. I love not having to deal with that. And no more flushing and descaling :thumb:

When the system is installed the clearline cell is just downstream from the pump. From the clearline cell the water goes to the header that feeds my 4 AC units except a small amount of the (now chlorinated) water is diverted back to the inlet pipe of the strainer. This allows the unit to keep the AC units and the strainer clean and clear of any growth. I like that I can see the system flow rate at a glance so I know that it's not becoming obstructed.

This is a small company that was just getting started last year. They wanted to do all of the installs with their technicians and/or dealers so they knew it was done correctly. They didn't want to have field issues due to an improper install, especially on the early installs like mine. I get that. They now have a much larger dealer base and they work a lot with boat manufacturers who are offering this on their new builds. I don't know if they're making it available as a DIY for customers but it would not be a difficult project to put one in.

Back
Top Bottom