Eisenglass restoration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The LS & LZ machines will do the same with the optional but common " monster wheel" upgrade.

I added that to mine, I think it comes standard now. It does make a big difference, halves the speed (without it the machine goes too fast and is hard to control) and doubles the torque.
I got mine for the sailboat, most stitching on sails of zig zag do that's the model I got. Does straight too so works on canvas as well.

Last edited:
FWIF I have used Pledge Furnature Polish on both Plexiglass and vinyl windows with great temporary success, Its a redneck boat repair.

Give Plexus a try. We've used it on two different trawlers with great success. Make sure your windows are clean and free of dust before rolling them up; that helps prevent the micro-scratches that clouds the glass. We always wiped them down with a clean micro cloth before rolling them up, and try not to "squeeze" the rolled windows tight after they've been rolled: if the bundle is too large to fit in the strap holders, undo the whole thing and start over.

I just bought a Mainship 34. Previous owner used an old cotton pillow case to roll up in the isinglass and that prevents sticking to itself and scratches. I'll keep doing that. easy and effective

I too used 210 on an enclosure that appeared to not have been cleaned for several years.
Started with the 210 Plus, this is a liquid cleaner that is a little more aggressive than the 210 spray. Finished up with the 210 spray and was pleased with the result. The front center panel still has some yellowing but it’s better than before 210 was applied.

Thank you for the 210 tip. I just ordered up a can and will post up results !

"I think the vinyl makers say not to do that."

Well then you better not do it, eh?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom