Cleaning "plastic" teak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ljk

Vessel Name
Hobie Kayak
Vessel Make
Passport 12.0, 34 Mainship Pilot, Mako 24,32 Regal Commodore, PT-41 Trawler, 33 Chris Craft Cavalier
The yacht service company has been cleaning the plastic teak floor in my pilothouse with a light bleach solution. However, that has not been working very well and I am looking for alternatives.

Suggestions from people who have this type of floor?

I had some Plasteak on a previous boat. I used a pressure washer to clean it. That may not work inside your salon though.

Here's a link to the Lonseal Maintenance Page
The cleaning recommendations vary by flooring product used.
I believe Mainship used the Satin Finsh version which I believe is the middle "Topseal" category.
They recommend a neutral Ph cleaner - bleach doesn't fit that category - mild dish soap does.
Ph of common cleaners

The only cleaning we have had to do on our interior PLasTeak flooring is a Swiffer.
A call or email to the 1877FloorGuy.com may be helpful.

I have the exterios PlasDeck material installed on our aft & side decks and clean w/ Starbright Deck Cleaner and a deck brush or mildly abrasive scotch bright pad if excessively dirty. I have used WoodyWax on exterior to help "seal" the texture and make cleaning much easier.

Last edited:
Thanks, all, will try these recommendations. The interior salon floor is fine, its the exterior pilot house floor that needs cleaning.

I think you will want to try something the foams or at least makes bubbles. Try Dawn and from there go to more powerful detergents.

pete

how to clean interior teak flooring
Carl
Welcome aboard TF
What kind of interior teak flooring?
Have you checked the mfg website for cleaning & maint recommendations?
I use Starbrite non skid deck cleaner and/ or Spray Nine with a scotch Brite pad or stiff brush for stubborn spots on exterior. My PlasDeck (exterior deck) can be sanded if necessay for very stubborn stains.
My interior is PlasTeak and use a swiffer for most cleaning or a little windex for stubborn spots.
What brand is your synthetic tealk?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom