Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
These should work. Good find!
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:22 AM   #22

City: Lagrange, IL
Vessel Name: Moondance
Vessel Model: Grand Banks CL 42
Thanks guys. I do currently have the Operation and Maintenance Manual (CAT # SEBU6090-03 , Oct 1998). It's 118 pages and includes the basics on oil changes & zincs , filters, etc. as well as intervals. I assume this was issued with the vessel. What I am looking for though is this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/37326596199...IaAqfZEALw_wcB
As you see it fairly expensive .I have not seen this manual in any of the posts yet. Not sure of the CAT number either but if I get it I'll be sure to post.
Pat T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:10 AM   #23
Guru

City: Hampton Beach, NH
Vessel Name: Mischief Managed II
Vessel Model: 1992 Tollycraft 44 CPMY
I have the CAT SENR2131-03 set and it's adequate for my 375HP 3208TAs (01Z16xxxx). I paid 220 bucks for it on ebay. I don't think CAT makes them anymore. I buy my CAT stuff at Milton CAT and they have a great website where you create an account and save your engine serial number(s) in your profile. You can then look up parts. That said, I highly recommend that you procure a parts book for your engine(s), it is quite helpful as they made a zillion different 3208s with all kinds of different parts. My parts book is SEBP1297-04. Ping me if you get one of these books and need help figuring out what parts fit your engine(s). FWIW, serial number references in the parts book are inadequate and misleading, you have to use your engine(s) arrangement number and then look up parts based on the assembly group numbers. It's very unintuitive and cumbersome.
Mischief Managed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:48 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief Managed View Post
I have the CAT SENR2131-03 set and it's adequate for my 375HP 3208TAs (01Z16xxxx). I paid 220 bucks for it on ebay. I don't think CAT makes them anymore. I buy my CAT stuff at Milton CAT and they have a great website where you create an account and save your engine serial number(s) in your profile. You can then look up parts. That said, I highly recommend that you procure a parts book for your engine(s), it is quite helpful as they made a zillion different 3208s with all kinds of different parts. My parts book is SEBP1297-04. Ping me if you get one of these books and need help figuring out what parts fit your engine(s). FWIW, serial number references in the parts book are inadequate and misleading, you have to use your engine(s) arrangement number and then look up parts based on the assembly group numbers. It's very unintuitive and cumbersome.
Thanks Mischief M. I finally just today, broke down and also bought the Service manual for $225 on Ebay. I was able to get another (electronic) version of the parts manual. It is SEBP1995-25, Oct 2014 for serial #'s 01Z21747-Up. (My engine #'s are 01Z34xxx) I also have a copy of the part manual you have. Not tried using it yet though. I will let you know if I need help, thanks for the offer.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:10 AM   #25
Veteran Member

City: PNW
Vessel Name: MISTRESS
Vessel Model: Horizon 76 Skylounge
If all else fails, just go to your local Cat dealer with your engine SN (as was previously suggested). I bought a CD from them with all service manuals for about $500. Not cheap but I figure it has paid for itself many times over by enabling me to do services that I'd otherwise have to hire someone to do.
BCRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:01 PM   #26

Thanks BCRyan. Good to know you can get the info from CAT if needed. I just today received my paper copy ordered from EBay. Specifically this is the Service Manual for the 3208 Marine Engine 1Z1-Up. CAT # is SENR6595.