Old 06-27-2021, 06:11 AM   #1
PVL

City: Blue Hill, ME
Vessel Name: Well-Tempered
Vessel Model: MainShip Pilot 30 II
Wooden folding table

I’m new to TF. I bought a 2003 MainShip Pilot 30 II last year and have been slowly upgrading things to my taste. Most MS 30s I see have a neat looking teak or cherry table that is about 24” square when folded up. It is hinged so that each corner folds out to double the area to about 36” square. See photos. The table can be used as you see it here between the benches or down in the cabin. My boat didn’t come with this table and I am wondering who makes it or where I could find it.
Attached Thumbnails
47F98C89-0D21-4680-8710-DA9C5400735F.jpg   1B24ED8F-E547-4D35-BA3A-6D4BD0AAC104.jpeg  
PVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:28 AM   #2
TF Site Team

City: Seneca Lake NY
Vessel Name: Bacchus
Vessel Model: MS 34 HT Trawler
PVL
Welcome aboard TF. I think you will find the group here helpful and informative.
I'm not familiar with the Pilot parts as much as the 34T/HT. A place to start would be the MS Parts "Sticky" at the top of the Marlow-Mainship builders section. It gives instructions on how to access a large # of MS part photos. For models other than the 34T/HT one has to scan through the photos to find one of interest. By opening any photo more info on sources and part #s is usually available.
I do know that Gioia sales in NJ and St Augustine, FL supplied a lot of furniture and soft goods for MS including the hi/lo table in our salon/saloon. I think if you read through that thread Gioia contact info is there.
Good luck with your search and MS adventures.
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:34 AM   #3
Guru

City: Stratford, CT
Vessel Name: Blue Moon
Vessel Model: Mainship Pilot 355
Hi and welcome. I have a newer Pilot 31 and it came with a white plastic table of somewhat similar design. I wonder if Mainship used to supply a wood one at some point. See if you can locate a sales brochure. Just curious. But back to your question.....

The white plastic table was not very attractive and was kind of in the way (it folded into a triangle) so I tended to remove it most times. I ordered a solid teak table from this site:

https://www.teakmarinewoodwork.com/tables.html

It's 3 pieces and when folded it is a narrow rectangle so it's easier to move around while still useful as a small table. I got the top-folding style that has curb rails when closed (minus the compass rose). Great quality and finish, very happy with the purchase. They are custom made and may take a few months. As a side note, I asked a local marine woodworker if he could make me one and he said that the material alone would cost him as much as I paid for the table. Good luck, let me know how you make out.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:44 AM   #4
Guru

Speaking of upgrades, (and this has been covered on other threads) the best and most expensive upgrade I did was to install synthetic teak decking in the cockpit, rear deck, and swim platform. Very functional as well as attractive. Several pictures of my boat are on the installer's website below. Bacchus did a self-install, I'm not that brave, and probably not as skilled.

https://www.northcountryboatworks.com/permateek
Old 06-28-2021, 07:48 PM   #5
PVL

Ok, now I have to confess

I already have a table. But I was curious if the square original MainShip table was still made. I know a boat carpenter who made this table for me. Cherry. 32” x 36” open. 16” x 36” folded up.
Attached Thumbnails
E2C85FCA-47D6-4A5E-8A43-EFE6FCD977CE.jpg   33556A00-5AAC-4C2B-B189-672C7D9CC781.jpg  
Old 06-28-2021, 07:58 PM   #6
PVL

Ok, now I have to confess

I already have a table. But I was curious if the square original MainShip table was still made. I know a boat carpenter who made this table for me. Cherry. 32” x 36” open. 16” x 36” folded up.
Old 06-29-2021, 05:18 AM   #7
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVL View Post
That's similar in design to mine. I like that better than the square design. The square one will be harder to walk around when it's closed. Even if you can't find an original replacement, you could have one made in that design if you wanted to.