Canvas Shop in Bellingham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
Looking for a good canvas shop for my newly acquired Tolly. We have just entered into mutual acceptance pending hull, mechanical and sea we will be the happy new owners of a 1981 Tollycraft 34 convertible. Number one project, cover the cockpit and fly bridge. There is no canvas and we're year round boaters. Any help would be appriecated. Thanks!

Survey is scheduled 8-26, can't wait to stretch her legs and start the list of improvements and facelift.:thumb:

Looking for a good canvas shop for my newly acquired Tolly. We have just entered into mutual acceptance pending hull, mechanical and sea we will be the happy new owners of a 1981 Tollycraft 34 convertible. Number one project, cover the cockpit and fly bridge. There is no canvas and we're year round boaters. Any help would be appriecated. Thanks!

Survey is scheduled 8-26, can't wait to stretch her legs and start the list of improvements and facelift.:thumb:

Leta's top shop is an extremely good value. They aren't going to be the quickest, sometimes downright slow. but they will use like materials and often be hundreds less than their competitors. I was quoted $12-1500 from two canvas shops and Leta did it for $700.

Gilmores star upholstery. Email is rggilmore@wildblue.net. Did a great job on my brother's boat last spring.

Sent from my iPhone

What should I start budgeting for to complete the cockpit and flybridge? Has anyone had either done recently? I have no frames either which I sure will increase the cost. (Bummer)

What should I start budgeting for to complete the cockpit and flybridge? Has anyone had either done recently? I have no frames either which I sure will increase the cost. (Bummer)

It's going to depend on a lot of factors...... how many windows and how large of windows. What type of windows, snaps etc...... I'd get a few different quotes, as it could be all over the board.

To give it perspective. I enclosed the cockpit area (already had bimini) $750. As I stated before I was quoted anywhere from $750-$1500.00 for the job. I am happy with whom I chose, do yourself a favor and get a few different quotes.

I would think that if you go to a local shop, you'll pay $4,500-$8,000 for a complete setup, Cockpit and Flybridge. Good Luck!

Check out www.ez2cy.com. Disclaimer, the owner is a personal friend. Their patented "glass" is superior to anything out there. Drop by Port of Edmonds and look at the boats with isinglass and all the other stuff out there, after one summer they are all wavy and distorted. The ez2cy stuff is as clear as real glass. Yes it is about 10-20% more expensive, but I think it is worth it. We are getting canvas for our cockpit next month and this is what we are getting.

Rob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom