Cabin Hardware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jchicola

1979 43' Albin-our dinette has two leaves which operate on unusual hinges.* The mounting screws are 1.25" center-to-center left to right, and they reach 1" top to bottom.*Maybe someone out there knows where*we can source.* Let us know, and thanks--John aboard High C's

GetAttachment.aspx

Finding exact fit, replacement hardware for a 33 year old boat will be very close to impossible.* Realistically you have two choices:

1.* Stumble across the part at one of the numerous used/consignment marine equipment stores across the country or

2.* Use a new hinge from Perko, Sea Dog or the like and then modify the table to fit.

The hinges on your Albin were most likely manufactured specifically for that boat and are probably not stocked anywhere.*

http://ahturf.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=1601_1602

I had to replace the hinges on my table. I found somone who worked for a hardware Co in Georgia, who got them for me. I have since seen them in several websites. An example above.
I needed to remake the recess to fit the new hinge, as its dimensions were slightly off what the old ones fit. That was about 10 yrs ago and they have performed flawlessly. I think the originals were too flimsy for the task, hence the failure.

Use a new hinge from Perko, Sea Dog or the like and then modify the table to fit.

Perko and Sea Dog are crap these days.

I would look at some high grade brass commercial US made hinges.

Many hinges for hospitals are un polished SS , but nice and strong.

Looks like the ahturf company has the exact replacement. What a find from Keith from BC!

The table is repaired.* Check out soss.com and d'load their pdf catalogue.* Get out your calipers and start comparing.* I came up with a hinge that was real close.* Had to do some adjustments with a drill bit.* It all came together in about 5 minutes.* Thanks for the link to ahturf in Billings MT.* They had the hinges in stock and made that day's ups pickup for me.* Great service all aroung, and great info from my fellow readers.

John, abourd High C's

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom